This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About time!

For the last several months (since May, iirc) I've been teased along with the idea of becoming a supervisor. For those that don't know, I work at a call center for Can You Hear Me Now. It's a fun job and I love the job itself. Some of the policies and politics are bull, but I know that's everywhere.

Back in May, I interviewed for a supervisor position alongside a team mate of mine. My team mate got that position (which I was immensely proud of her). Since then, they've dangled a sup position like a carrot in front of my face. I've turned down other possible advancement options because I would like to be a supervisor under my OM (operations Manager). So I waited, hoping I'd be called up.

Finally, I had enough waiting. One of my original other options (senior agent, helping some of the new hires when they are first on the phones) had some openings. So I applied. Last Thursday Oct 10th, I interviewed for that position and made a decent impression imo. The supervisor in charge of the interview stated he was impressed with my honesty on one of his questions. He said he'd let me know by Saturday, since he had to talk to my OM.

Saturday came and went without hearing anything (at the time, I was off on Friday and Saturday, but made sure he had my phone number). So I go into work Sunday hoping I'll find out what's going on. And boy did I.

As soon as I walk in my OM sees me and starts walking beside me. She says "So, Monday you are taking over {redacted}'s old team. I'm on vacation this week, but I'll be here taking calls (sups and OM's can make some extra money by taking calls). I'll have your current sup (who is oddly enough changing positions himself) get everything started.

So as of Monday, Oct 14th I finally became a supervisor!!
    Your brain may not know what it is. Your brain may never figure out what it is. However, your heart knows, your heart always knows. --- Master Horkin from Brothers in Arms by Margaret Weis

Congrats! I bet it feels good to finally get the position.

Comment

Congratulations!
      I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

I guess they CAN hear you now. :-) Congrats!
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
        X