This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brain, it went explodey...

So, as some may have seen in my thread in Bragging Base, I've recently been promoted to supervisor at a call center for "Can you hear me now?". It's been interesting. One of the things that I had done prior to being fully promoted (and only because I was pretty reasonable but also firm on things and my OM trusted in me) is the dreaded sup call.

Since I've been promoted, I get to take more of those. Oh joy! Most customers that "sup" on an agent are your typical entitlement whores. Occasionally thick skulls that don't want to know what happened, they just want you to fix what they screwed up. But this next call was something that I had never expected to take...

Customer had immediately escalated to a supervisor. Her boyfriend had gone and upgraded her line due to her breaking her phone. She decided she didn't want that, so they returned the device. During the return, the store she was at somehow managed to refund roughly $150 dollars over what they had originally been charged. How that happened I have no idea. Store reps can be the bane of my existence (but that's a thread for CoC).

When the billing department and treasury team got a hint of this, they obviously realized "This customer got money she never paid us as a refund. That ain't right!" and put the amount onto the account's next bill. The customer states that over the next few weeks called in multiple times to try and figure out what was going on. Finally a ticket was filed to see what the deal was.

Now surely in this time, the customer would have realized "Hey, how'd we get $150 richer?" Not this special snowflake. It was too confusing how the debits and credits appeared. Plus they don't keep track of every dollar. Fiscal responsibility, ya know, if it's not good enough for my government, why would it be good enough for me? So they've spent the $150.

This customer was calling today, because she expected us to credit her "around $20" because she was taken surprise by this. Yeah that's right. We gave her $150 of money that she had no right to, and it's an inconvenience for her to have to pay that back.

I'll let that sink in....

Needless to say, since I hate spinelessness as well as EW's, the customer was not extremely happy and plans to switch carriers. And to be perfectly honest, that's a type of customer that I'd wave goodbye to with a smile.
    Your brain may not know what it is. Your brain may never figure out what it is. However, your heart knows, your heart always knows. --- Master Horkin from Brothers in Arms by Margaret Weis

Amazing how so many people never think to question extra money. I don't understand it. Extra money in my account, to me, means either I have to keep the money in my account because something hasn't cleared or a bill didn't get paid properly, and I want to hunt down exactly which one before I get a late fee. Extra money just... isn't.

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
      Amazing how so many people never think to question extra money. I don't understand it. Extra money in my account, to me, means either I have to keep the money in my account because something hasn't cleared or a bill didn't get paid properly, and I want to hunt down exactly which one before I get a late fee. Extra money just... isn't.
      My Mom and I always research any refund that we're not sure about if it shows up in our account (we have a joint checking account and that's what we use to pay our monthly expenses.) We want to make absolutely sure that the refund is warranted and we are in fact, entitled to keep that money BEFORE we spend it. Otherwise, we could end up with an overdraft on our account and we're in a deeper hole than we want to be in (which is preferably no hole at all.)

We've seen it happen a couple of times with Social Security (as an example.) My Mom will call them up and double check to see what the money in our account is for (we've had a couple of instances where she was owed for an underpayment on their part) b/c she didn't remember seeing any letter come in the mail advising her of such a situation (and in those cases the letter would arrive after the deposit showed up in the account.)

But we're talking about SC's who obviously don't care who they take advantage of, nor care that Karma could come along and bite them in the butt later.

We want Karma, but only the good kind. The bad one can go bite somebody else more deserving for all I care.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Although i am not anyway like a poet, for some reason my brain started singing:
        My brain it went explodey explodey explodey
        my brain it went explodey all on a summers day.
        with rhythm.... weird.

Gotta love the EWs. (baked not boiled). "give me money cause the clerk gave me too much money and I spent it I need more to spend."

Comment

Working...
        X