This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys? Why do you need those?

Found myself at a valet parking lot on Newbury Street in Boston today. As GF and I were getting her car out of the lot, two understandably irate lot attendants were pushing a car into the lot from the pay booth.

Some fuckwit had stopped his car in the entrance, then TOOK HIS KEYS AND LEFT!!!

Dude, how is the valet supposed to park your car without the keys? It was only by virtue of the fact that the car was a stick shift that they were able to move it at all!

Then they ran into the problem of the steering being locked......

Thankfully, we were able to retrieve the our car and leave before this train wreck got any worse.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Situations like this need a call to Argabarga.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Raises hand in shame, I've done that accidently. Parked the car, got out and put keys in pocket automatically. I was tired, at the end of 18 hours straight of driving and wasn't expecting the hotel to be valet parking, the valet ended up chasing me into the lobby as I was checking in to retrieve the keys from me. It was just pure reflex that had me sticking them in my pocket.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        parking lot on Newbury Street in Boston
        WOOT! Newbury Comics!!! (Although I used to go to the one out in Newton more often.)

I've gotta hope this is really a 'brain fart' on the part of the driver. Maybe he's not used to valet parking? Or it was just reflex?

Or he's just a dumbass.

Would you have been stuck in there if not for the manual transmission?

Comment

No, thankfully. Moron was blocking the entrance, not the exit.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
          X