This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind Cameraman at The Source

So I'm the only one out front while my buddy is in the back one day at the Source and this guy walks in and you can tell he's after something by his stride and the way he's looking around. As per good service I engage him right away and ask

"Good afternoon. What can I point you to?"

"No thanks. I'll find it on my own"

Now picture the size of the average Source store in your mind....not very big right? Standing at one end or the other you can at least see the item groups if you look for the big signs on them walls and ceiling first. So I return to the counter to organize receipts and keep an eye on the guy. He proceeds to walk around the store three times on his own. On said third pass I can't hold back and try again.

"Find what you are after?"

The guy waves me off with a grunt this time.

So finally he's paced around this small mall Source store FIVE times. He comes toward the counter finally, leans on the tall, glass faced cabinet that is the end cap for the main aisle and in the most sure voice you have ever heard says

"Never thought the Source would discontinue selling cameras"

Bet most of you know where this is going now but for those that do not I will remind you that he leaned against a cabinet to ask this question. A very well lit and big sign labeled cabinet that he has walked by FIVE times already.

Suffice it to say all I could do was point. He turned around and said

"Oh good....but you don't have the one I want"

And walked out. Did not even have the good sense to be abashed. Making sure the mall was clear for the moment I went into the back and kicked my partner, who was bawling with laughter as soon as the guy was out of ear shot, who had been watching the whole thing on the security feed

Some people are just blinder than a bat. I work in an internet cafe that has a huge sign stating that fact, I still get people coming in, seeing all the computers, and asking if we are an internet cafe or if we have internet.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Sometimes people literally cannot see what's right in front of their faces. When I worked for Sears, I was at the misses' cahswrap when a woman approached me and asked where the swimsuits were. I turned around, spread my arms wide to indicate the entire section behind and alongside the cashwrap and said, "Right here." Yup, she was looking right at them and still didn't see.
      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

At the aquarium where I work, we have a "Behind the Scenes" tour. Basically a special tour to show guests how we take care of our animals, how we make the food, etc. When I work the desk literally directly across the hall, I can't begin to tell you how many people ask me every single day where the entrance to the damn tour is, when all they need to do it turn their heads...
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

There's nothing wrong with walking by it a few dozen times.. but there is something very wrong about being an ass just so you don't look like a fool.

I'm one of those that even if I'm looking for something specific, I like to explore the shop and see what's up. I will wave off help, mostly because it's wrong to tie up an employee's time while I'm just looking around. I've walked by the very item I've been looking for a couple of times and then I ask for help. I swear, items should be able to read my mind, know I'm looking for it, and then leap out and bite me.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
            There's nothing wrong with walking by it a few dozen times.. but there is something very wrong about being an ass just so you don't look like a fool.
            Yes, there is. But it seems to be a very popular tactic. Yeah, I'm sooooo impressed with your bluster tantrum, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
              ... I swear, items should be able to read my mind, know I'm looking for it, and then leap out and bite me.
              At the checkout:
              "You've got the doohickey for getting the security tags off? Do you have one for getting your product off my leg?"
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
              X