This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not fun moment....

Something I don't really desire : a spider trying to say hello to me. In my bed. When I'm trying to settle down to sleep. After a few days of barely any sleep at all. Gave my housemate a laugh though. Paranoia is gonna be fun tonight - especially as I've been having the 'whats touching me' nerve twinges all day anyway!

It literally came up to me, tapped me on the arm twice, and ran away when I jumped with a loud exclamation... and ran into my pillows. Pillows checked, spider gone... for now!
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

I feel you. I used to be terrified of spiders. As in, if I even suspected there was a spider in the room, I couldn't relax one bit. It was the worst feeling, and people acted as if I was doing it on purpose. Because you can control what you're phobic of.

I'm over it now though. To the point where I point out interesting spiders to my son when we're outside. I actually feel nothing but interest when I see them now.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Stream "Great Big Bug" by Christine Lavin and/or Four Bitchin' Babes...

(not on youftobeornottube)
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My phobia about spiders ... if it was indeed ever a real phobia ... seems to have mellowed out a bit in the last few years. The only type of local spider that is Dead On Sight is the wolf spider.

Earlier this summer on two separate occasions I spotted relatively small spiders up near the wall-ceiling juncture ... and I remember thinking that I really couldn't be bothered to go haul out the vacuum cleaner and deal with them. How's that for lazy ...

Of course, if I were in bed and they were right over my head ... that would be a different matter.

Comment

I did actually manage to sleep. I think strangely having a *reason* to be uptight and nervous rather than just being so due to my health/mental issues at the moment gave me more of a focus to clear my mind.

It really didn't help that the UK news is full of reports of places being shut due to the False Widow spiders. Or the fact my housemate actually likes spiders and used to have them in his youth. Yep, at least three stories were told to me about spiders before he went back to his own bed.. lol.

I don't tend to disturb them myself unless they are really close to me... usually I'll get either of the boys to move them outside if I can. Although I must admit I have my husbands electric bug bat next to me right now... brought it upstairs just in case the spider wanted another discussion!
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of spiders, but given where I live, I either had to get used to them or never be able to relax. There's an agricultural area in SW Miami Dade County. I live smack in the middle of it. Critters are a fact of life.

I'm glad you were able to sleep and Mr. Spider left you alone for the night.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
            X