X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Yellow Price Tag Caves In On Thanksgiving Hours

The link is here.

Well, there goes my holiday spirit for another year.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Wow...I wonder how many people have STOPPED shopping at these store because of this. I also wonder what that number compares to those who shop on the holiday. Pretty soon if the ones demanding the shopping don't stop, the holiday will mean nothing and the majority of them will be at work because it will just be another day.

Comment

Staples has joined the horde of retailers who are opening on Thanksgiving.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,2278648.story

I'm waiting for retailers to start announcing store hours for Christmas Day.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Yeah, I got word from an old friend about Staples yesterday.
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

For those of you who wish to express your displeasure:

http://www.change.org/petitions/all-...share_petition

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            Wow...I wonder how many people have STOPPED shopping at these store because of this. I also wonder what that number compares to those who shop on the holiday. Pretty soon if the ones demanding the shopping don't stop, the holiday will mean nothing and the majority of them will be at work because it will just be another day.
            I got stopped by some marketing people the other day asking about how many stores I plan on shopping at on Black Thursday. They didn't know what to put because I said none. There wasn't a spot for zero on their form. That just goes to show you what marketing and corporate people are thinking. They don't want to hear that people will refuse to shop on that day.

Comment

Moments I'm glad I work at a mom-and-pop liquor store. Yes, I have to work 10am-2:30pm on Thanksgiving, but we're closed Christmas Day by law, and we all chip in with the scheduling around holidays. No answering to corporate means we have a chance to argue with the boss.

I'm sorry, Mike. That sucks.

Comment

I hate Thanksgiving with a passion and don't celebrate it if I can help it. But, I have never gone Black Friday shopping and don't care to, because I think its horribly unfair to retail employees who do enjoy the holiday with their families.

Cyber Monday is better anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X