This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Tim's stories?

This Dunkin Donuts thread got me thinking this.

We have sucky customers in Canada, and Tim Horton's in Canada. So I was thinking, do any of you have stories of SCs frequenting their local Tim's?
    Last edited by cindybubbles; 11-26-2013, 05:52 PM. Reason: Realized not many people outside Canada knows about Tim Horton's
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Not so much a sucky story about the local Timmies, but one about the drive thru. The powers-that-be, in their infinite wisdom, decided to build it with access from two roads running perpendicular to each other. Now, normal people would realise that the proper way to get into the line up would be to alternate cars from each road, but of course, many speshul snowflakes try to sneak in by tailgaiting the car in front of them, thereby cutting off the car coming from the other direction. Because of this, I have seen several near-fender benders, heard plenty of honking and cursing, and even witnessed one fist fight. Extra bonus; during peak times, the line up of cars waiting for the drive thru blocks the cars trying to exit the parking lot, thereby creating more irate drivers. And who says Canadians can't be rude, eh?
    Last edited by BigBird; 11-26-2013, 02:57 AM.

Comment

OK, I guess I will be "That guy".

What is a Tim Horton's?
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
        OK, I guess I will be "That guy".

What is a Tim Horton's?
        It's a very popular coffee chain in Canada.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

The Coffee and Donut Chain in Canada. There are others, but none are as ubiquitous as Timmies is. If there are more than 100 Canucks in a place, there'll be a Tim's.

As for Sucky Timmie stories, don't really have one. I don't usually go to them much (don't drink coffee, and haven't cared for their donuts as much since they went par-baking, and went to powdered hot chocolate).

But my bus route goes by 1 Tim's. It is at one end of a 5 unit minimall, and its drivethru snakes behind the minimall, with the entrance at the opposite end... And even with all that space, there are times when the lineup backs up onto the road. And of course there's usually someone sitting in the lane to cross traffic, signal on (if you're lucky) waiting to join the drivethru lane that's already backed up onto the road.

It's not as bad as the Downtown Tims though. It's a small outlet but it's drivethru entrance is right at the bottom of one of the main streets into downtown. That one is constantly backed up along the street. (And even with signs saying no left turns into its parking lot, people will often be waiting for it). I'm glad I don't need to go near that area in the morning.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            It's a very popular coffee chain in Canada.
            They are in the states to, but not as plentiful.....yet...
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
              They are in the states to, but not as plentiful.....yet...
              Mostly over in NY, though I heard about one in like Colorado or Utah or some random place like that. I live near the border and I'm surprised that it hasn't jumped over here already. It would do well. (I don't think it's even possible to over-saturate the coffee market out here.)
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Starbux has a surprisingly effective anti-Tim's field; especially in their homeland.

Tim's is mainly centred in the East, especially in Eastern and Atlantic Canada; but also New York and the New England states.

I'm sure I mentioned it before, but I remember there was a time (I'm sure some of the locations have closed by now) when I went to Glace Bay, Nova Scotia (on Cape Breton). They had a Tim's outlet in the mall; a Tim's in the Mall parking lot, a Tim's across the road from the mall, and around a corner and down mainstreet a few blocks there was another Tim's.

In my city we used to have one in the big mall, one around the corner in the smaller mall; one across the road from that smaller road, and one down the road from that other location (maybe 2-3 blocks). But now all but 1 have closed and/or moved.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  Mostly over in NY, though I heard about one in like Colorado or Utah or some random place like that. I live near the border and I'm surprised that it hasn't jumped over here already. It would do well. (I don't think it's even possible to over-saturate the coffee market out here.)
                  We got them in Ohio to.. I stop at one occasionally on my way into work.
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I was hoping to see some SC stories, especially from people who have worked at Tim's.
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

There's one aboard the base at Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia.
                      Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

I live in NW Ohio, and my town has 2 Tim Hortons stores. My experiences at the one closest to my work have all been fairly good. However, I have had pretty bad experiences at the one closer to my house. For instance...

One night, I ordered a coffee, a bagel, and an apple. I sat down, ate the bagel, and bit into the apple. As I looked at the bitten-into spot, I saw that there were worms all through the inside, and I spit out the bite...also full of worms.

After running to the bathroom to wash out my mouth (and be in proximity to a toilet, in case I wasn't able to hold down my vomitous urge), I went up to the counter with the apple in question. After waiting at least two full minutes for the counter girl to stop gossiping with her friends and come up to see what I needed, I showed her the apple and pointed out the worms. Her response?

She laughed, said, "Oh, wow!" and then walked away. No offer of a replacement, no refund, not even an opportunity to tell her what I wanted from the situation.

I left the wormy apple at the register, walked out, and I haven't been back to that location.
                        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

3 in Lansing, 2 in Jackson, 2 in Kalamazoo

Haven't seen much suck yet.

Comment

How about a sucky corporate story? Back in 04 they bought the remnants of a local coffee chain (turns out biblical quotes on the cups and rampant embezzlement don't go hand in hand...) and seemed to do quite good in the core area of the original chain. Fast forward to November of 2010, corporate decided to "abandon ship" one day and split town in the middle of the night. Stores locked up @ 10pm, every last local employee fired moments later and all the properties abandoned. Hell of way to announce they weren't able to compete with Dunkin.

On the bright side, a local businessman resurrected the old chain and is doing quite well.
                            Last edited by bbbr; 11-26-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Don't try to order donut holes at a Timmies because the CSR will stare at you like you sprouted two heads until you change your order to Timbits.
                              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                              X