X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun old ads (some NSFW)

http://www.boredpanda.com/vintage-ads/

Now if only 16 were always true...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

If we gender-flipped some of these ads, they wouldn't be banned, but instead would be called hilarious. Like if #13 said "If your wife ever finds out" instead of "if your husband ever finds out".
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

There are many, many ads in there that I hope are fake, but probably aren't >_> The last two, I just hope they're spoofs. Dear Gord. o_O
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Good Grief!!!

Especially those last two for the Sega . . . just too damned funny!!!
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I can see why they'd be banned.

#3: The 10% would object to the use of the term "fairy".
          #7: We don't need no stinkin' furren language ads
          #10: Making a false statement (saying that ingredient lists aren't required for soft drinks). Of course, a current Autolite ad does the same thing, saying "If it has an engine, we make a spark plug for it". The Peterbilt of Natural Selection has an engine, and they DON'T make spark plugs for it (ditto a B4V with the 1.9 litre turbocharged engine).
          #11: Should be for a beer that's WORTH being saved from burning.
          #16: They need a more accurate packaging machine ("About 5"? should be EXACTLY 5 in a pack).
          #20: Everyone knows Santa smokes a pipe, not cigarettes.
          #22: Again, makes a false statement. "Set a lever for any stamp you want"? OK, I want a rare (and valuable) Inverted Jenny stamp - postage meter wouldn't print it. Trivia: This ad is clearly from a very limited time period (late 1944 to September 1947). How do I know this? The phrase "As if I asked her to fly a P-80". The Lockheed P-80 entered service in late 1944 (until it entered squadron service, it is unlikely that anyone would recognize the designation), and was renamed the F-80 when the Air Force became a separate service rather than a branch of the Army.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X