This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I...no! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just a quickie from a guest just now. He called to ask how the computers in the business center worked - I thought they were having some error, so asked some questions, and realized he just needed to know if they connected automatically. So I tell him he just opens the browser and can type in whatever address he needed, and it would connect just fine. Then, he hits me with it:

Guest: So I can go onto Google and look up Yahoo? Ok.
    Me:

Sigh...
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

I have customers come in to see me and they will use the Google search bar to Google Google.

Comment

Former CW did that. She would Google "Yahoo" to get to her email. Same thing to get to Facebook; she'd Google "Facebook". She does this every time. I didn't realize she was visiting Denver.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

OH! I forgot a detail. He bought some food items, and asked if we had more little peanut butter things. I didn't notice for a second, but he held one out...it was opened, his thumb was in the peanut butter, and it was all over his hand. He didn't seem to have noticed.

It just broke my brain...
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

My friends and I were joking about something like this yesterday.

"Bring up Google."
          "Huh. Google? Hm. Let me Bing that..."
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I have a co-worker who will do similar things. When I try to show her that she doesn't have to, she always says "Well, that's the way I do it." Apparently it's easier to keep doing things the hard way? I dunno.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My mom will use Google to pull up Google Maps. She knows typing in "maps.google.com" or even "googlemaps.com" will work, so why does she do it the long way? No idea.

She'll also use Google to find a site she already has bookmarked. Again, she knows how to use the bookmarks, so why?
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I've said this before... My boss puts Yahoo into the browser search bar. Which brings up all the Yahoo sites. He then selects the Yahoo homepage, and then spends a couple seconds trying to find the Mail link.

He's in his 40's. There's really no excuse. But he is just not a logical thinker. However, he despises the new Yahoo Mail, and I do agree with him there. It's poorly designed, and completely counterintuitive, especially for non-techies. Hell, even for techies. I frequently get confused when I have to send something from his email.

Comment

AT&T (which is mom's primary email since we had dialup) uses the Yahoo webmail system. We both hate it with a passion. I've offered many times to migrate everything to Thunderbird--which she knows how to use--for her so she doesn't have to deal with the webmail nonsense, but no

A friend has shortcuts to every single one of his bookmarks on his desktop...some of which point nowhere because the page moved. He can't figure out how to delete/change them
                  Last edited by Dreamstalker; 12-13-2013, 12:59 PM.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Orgaloth View Post
                    I have customers come in to see me and they will use the Google search bar to Google Google.
                    GOOGLECEPTION

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                      AT&T (which is mom's primary email since we had dialup) uses the Yahoo webmail system. We both hate it with a passion. I've offered many times to migrate everything to Thunderbird
                      Wow! It must be REALLY bad if it makes you want to turn to Thunderbird.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X