This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board members born in the US 1975-1980

I am preparing to go back to school. They are requiring vaccination records, specifically for measles. I found a booklet my mom has that has the date for a single dose but the school's form is asking for two dates--the original and the booster.

My mom thinks that in the time period when I was vaccinated, only a single shot was being required but I have not been able to find anything online to confirm or deny this. Google searches only bring up what the recommendations have been in the past decade or so.

Do any of you know or have recommendations as to what search terms I can use?
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Look up the history of the measles vaccination. It'll give you a timeline of when that second shot would have been introduced.

Have you tried calling the school and asking about that particular section of the form? They may already have the answer you need.

You may also have received it in early adulthood? I think even in middle age, it's recommended to have another booster.
    Last edited by Slayer; 12-08-2013, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Because I'm diabetic I get boosters for almost all of those once a year. Some are every two years, and a few are every four. But they have come up to the time of cocktail shots.

Comment

i had the normal 2, but was required to get additional boosters for a summer camp staff job, cost was cheep, might just ask your primary for an mmr booster and be done with it
        This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
        my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

I think they can test for immunity as well. Not sure how they do it, but might be worth checking.

Comment

Measles is usually vaccinated in the same shot as mumps and rubella, so check for MMR on your records. If you can't find the records you need, you should still be able to enroll in school, you'll just have to essentially start over with the vaccinations. We couldn't find my husband's records when he went to school, so they sent him for MMR, tetanus, and meningitis; the doctor gave him a note, and then he had to go back in 30 days for a second round (I think the second one was meningitis only).

Comment

@SteeleDragon78:

That's what I think I might do. It seems easiest at this point and stuff I read said it wouldn't be bad for me even if I had had the booster shot.

@Kaylyn:
              Mom thinks that I've had all the shots, we just can't find record of the second.
              My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Would they accept a titer test? When I went beck to school I was able to do one to show what vaccines I needed.

Comment

If you can't find record of a booster, get the doctor to have the lab run a titer test, which proves your body has the antibodies in it. If the titer comes back neg, then get the booster.

That being said, I was born in NC in 78 and I had a booster at some point. I just went through what you are recently for nursing school.

HTH
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                  X