Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Hooboy ...
Old 12-09-2013, 03:51 AM
Chairman of the Board

Default Hooboy ...

I disconnected the cable at Mom's house when I moved in so I spend the bulk of my time on my computer. I'm sitting here now watching this EXTREMELY CREEPY episode of The Twilight Zone titled The Thirty Fathom Grave. And tomorrow's an exam day -- starting at 8 a.m. -- so at some point very soon I have to go to bed. Which means I have to ... ... *gulp* ... turn the lights out ...

Old 12-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Killer Queen

I always do stupid crap like this. I know better than to watch or read scary stuff when my husband is away, but I do it anyway. Once I watched "Ghostwatch" while he was gone and didn't sleep for two days until he came back. And another time it was a documentary on the Mothman incident which was more about how modern folklore spreads than actually about the creature, and I was still freaked out. "Can't sleep, Mothman'll get me!" I'm an idiot.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:07 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Ah, no worries, at least you don't have to worry about Candle-*PFFFFFZZOOOOORTbweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-* [SIGNAL TERMINATED]

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 12-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Area Manager

I've never seen that particular episode, but I have to say that I think that the original "Twilight Zone" series is probably one of the most brilliant, well written television shows ever.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

This kind of thing is one reason I tend to watch creepy stuff during the day, when the lights are on. Especially those web horror series like "Marble Hornets" or "No Through Road."

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 12-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

The OP brings to mind a happening in my teens (early 1980's):

My sister and I watch the original Friday the 13th on the brand-new premium channel. Through all the goriest scenes, she didn't blink or flinch. At the end HBO ran a block of trailers. I opted to crash as I had exams in the morning. She called out to me: "Turn on the light in my room would you, please?"

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 12-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Insomniac with Cable TV

Quote:
Quoth mjr View Post
I've never seen that particular episode, but I have to say that I think that the original "Twilight Zone" series is probably one of the most brilliant, well written television shows ever.
I heartily agree. It had some of the most amazing TV adaptations of short stories and novellas. It also had some of the more interesting scripts purpose-written for the series. I will almost always watch marathons to pick up episodes I haven't seen previously.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Chairman of the Board

It is indeed brilliant and that's why I don't even notice there's no TV (except when I want to lounge on the sofa and watch DVDs ... the TV works for that, but her DVD player doesn't, alas ...) I also get to see The Outer Limits and other really neat oldtime shows, that have great scripts and NO GORE. Someday I will buy the boxed sets of as many of these shows as possible.

Quote:
Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
I always do stupid crap like this. I know better than to watch or read scary stuff when my husband is away, but I do it anyway. Once I watched "Ghostwatch" while he was gone and didn't sleep for two days until he came back. And another time it was a documentary on the Mothman incident which was more about how modern folklore spreads than actually about the creature, and I was still freaked out. "Can't sleep, Mothman'll get me!" I'm an idiot.
Join the club. In my last apartment (a whole 600 square feet) I sat through "Haunted Britain -- Real Ghost Stories" complete with reenactments. It ended at 2 a.m. Even in that tiny apartment there was NO WAY I was going to turn the lights off at my computer desk and walk to my bedroom in the dark! I turned every light on from the desk to the bedroom, then retraced my steps to the desk and began turning the lights out as I headed for bed. (Needless to say I have not watched it here at Mom's house!)

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Ah, no worries, at least you don't have to worry about Candle-*PFFFFFZZOOOOORTbweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-* [SIGNAL TERMINATED]
Not sure what that's referring to but it sounds good, LOL!

Old 12-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth Pixilated View Post
Not sure what that's referring to but it sounds good, LOL!
Eric was just commenting on Candlejack and how you shouldn't say his na-

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 12-10-2013, 01:50 AM
Killer Queen

Have you watched "It's a Good Life" yet? It's a seriously disturbing episode starring Bill Mumy, based on a story by Jerome Bixby.
Closed Thread