This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
    Lemon juice is also something I really like. Enjoying a glass right now.
    While I don't drink lemon juice straight, I did once engage in a practice you would appreciate.

At the age of 20 I had just given up caffeine. When I worked day shifts at my restaurant job, to wake myself up, I would take a big wedge of lemon and just bite right into it.

If THAT doesn't wake you up, there's something seriously wrong with you.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      While I don't drink lemon juice straight, I did once engage in a practice you would appreciate.

At the age of 20 I had just given up caffeine. When I worked day shifts at my restaurant job, to wake myself up, I would take a big wedge of lemon and just bite right into it.

If THAT doesn't wake you up, there's something seriously wrong with you.
      Pretty sure there has to be something seriously wrong with you to just bit a lemon like that.

On the other hand, my youngest son used to do that. He hasn't in a while, so I'm not sure if his tastes changed or if it's simply a lack of available lemons.

Then again, the child is nuts. So who knows.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

For as long as I can remember, I've liked putting chips on sandwiches. Cheetos and Doritos are the best, but any will work. My ex thought it was really weird. Some people think it's weird how much I like mac n cheese with cut up hotdogs or little smokies in it, but my family had some hard times when I was growing up and it was something Mom always had on hand for my sister and I. Also why I like having pancakes for dinner, something else my mother would do for us that my ex thought was insane. Speaking of sandwiches, they're GREAT with Eggo waffles as the bread.

The thing most people, myself included, find "odd" about my food preferences is how much stuff I legitimately CAN'T eat. Most veggies instantly trigger my gag, same for most condiments and dressings. I also can't take much more heat than "mild," and even that causes my tongue to get all burny and covered in bumps sometimes. I've read about people with hypersensitive taste buds, and it sounds a lot like me.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
          Also why I like having pancakes for dinner, something else my mother would do for us that my ex thought was insane.
          My mom would make French Toast for dinner from time to time. "Breakfast foods" are too yummy to restrict to just breakfast, IMO.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Heck, I do breakfasty things for dinner sometimes. Boyfriend even requests breakfast for dinner from time to time. Pancakes or lovely fresh crisp waffles with lots of butter and homemade blueberry syrup or (again homemade) brown sugar syrup, crispy bacon on the side and cheesy (or not) scrambled eggs. Or fluffy buttermilk biscuits with sausage gravy, or an overstuffed omelette (boyfriend likes em simple, ham and cheddar. I like a 'kitchen sink' omelette). Nom nom nom.
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
              My favorite is fruit cake. This time of year, I'm in heaven. We can only find fruit cake during the Christmas holiday. And this year, I've only seen it in 2 stores for some reason.
              Well, you're in luck. I know of a place that sells fruitcake year-round. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the name/link to the place on here, but if you hit me up in a PM, I'll fill you in on the details.

They're kind of pricey, but my understanding is that people from all over the U.S. (and even from other countries) have ordered fruitcakes from this particular place. They were even on Food Network once, on the show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate".
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I have to admit that whenever we are out on an event weekend with one of the groups me and one other member seem to end up having a cooked English Breakfast for our main meals. Started as that was what we've fancied and now just happens almost automatically!
                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                  For as long as I can remember, I've liked putting chips on sandwiches. .
                  Now I first read that and immediately thought 'chip butty lass'.And then it turned out be something different...

And then in the next post,we hit 'biscuits with gravy'.That would be not just weird, but quite repulsive... Mmm..Bisto Bourbons anyone?
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    And then in the next post,we hit 'biscuits with gravy'.That would be not just weird, but quite repulsive... Mmm..Bisto Bourbons anyone?
                    Now, if it were putting gravy on sweet biscuits (or cookies), yes, it would be rather nasty. But the biscuits I'm referring to are savory rather than sweet, rather fluffy bread like creations. And the gravy is milk gravy with sausage, and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
                    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      Biscuits and gravy are a breakfast staple in America, coming from Southern cooking. But they are not what those in the UK call biscuits, as has already been noted. Honestly, they are delicious when done right, and even pretty good when done only decently.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Biscuits and gravy are a breakfast staple in America, coming from Southern cooking. But they are not what those in the UK call biscuits, as has already been noted. Honestly, they are delicious when done right, and even pretty good when done only decently.
                        Pretty much my favorite breakfast, but nobody can ever cook them as well as the ones my mom used to make. She would use a spicy type of sausage, but that's the only secret I know from how she makes them different than anyone else. I always order them in restaurants, knowing I'll be disappointed.
                        "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                        Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Working...
                        X