This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this is Sighting or SC

This little gem came from a customer of mine at my work but he was discussing something on the phone. Mods, if it isnt in the right sector, please move it.

Me: Awesome Game Store manager.
    SC: Random regular who uses our internet service

SC is talking on the phone quite loudly so it is basically impossible to not hear what he has to say. He is also banging the table that the computer is on with his fist to emphasize approx every 3rd word he is speaking.

SC: *Talking to phone salesman* "I was in the store *Bang* the other day *Bang* and was trying to get a new phone *Bang* but they didnt have it in stock!! *Bang* (I will not use bang anymore but needless to say, he used it plenty throughout the conversation).

SC: *Listens on phone* "yes, yes, I know. I just want you to make me an offer on the phone so I can have something to show them at the store so that I can get a new phone but not a new number. I dont want to pay the new phone prices, I want a replacement phone without replacing my old one".

This line of conversation continued for about 10 mins while he got louder and banged harder by the minute. He was also not listening at all to me when I told him that he needed to keep the noise down and to stop banging on the table. Finally he gets off the phone and I give him a good talking to about making so much noise. Hopefully he will be quiet but I doubt it. My boss likes the guy too much to kick him out.

His conversation though was a real head scratcher.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

I'd say that counts as an SC, twice over - once for you, not listening & abusing your gear; once for the poor sods on the other end of the phone that he was trying to cajole into committing fraud.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
      SC: *Listens on phone* "yes, yes, I know. I just want you to make me an offer on the phone so I can have something to show them at the store so that I can get a new phone but not a new number. I dont want to pay the new phone prices, I want a replacement phone without replacing my old one".
      Sounds like SC isn't yet eligible for an upgrade, but wants the upgrade price. I wish the call center person, when they realized what the person actually wanted, could have done one of the following:

1) Quoted the SC a really good price, explaining (and noting in the file that they had explained it) that the price was ONLY good until 5 PM EST on $specified_date (with $specified_date having already passed).

2) Pretended to look up the offers available, and quoted the SC $price, with $price being the non-contract (i.e. no discounts at all) price +25%.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
      X