This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm lactose intolerant.

Guess what I do? I plan ahead, or if my meal planning strategies aren't sufficient for whatever issue happens, I just...get this...don't eat it!

OP's dingbat had the option of not eating if nothing was agreeable to him or was possibly dangerous for him to eat. He just wanted to whine like a giant baby.

(Of course, he might have had a condition that made it so he had to eat, but good grief, it's not the airline's fault!)
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      Ya know, one of these days, one of those clever engineers at Boeing or Airbus is going to invent the "eject passenger" button.

DO NOT TEMPT THEM to work faster, Sir.
      Quiet, Arga!

No, sir, please....continue to tempt them!

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      And I'm thinking the guy was using the typical CS logic: there's more in back, you're just holding out on him for someone you're giving preferential treatment to.
      Yes they are. Like the people flying first class who paid a shit ton more money Han he did. And the people that reserved special meals ahead of time, because they're smart, responsible adults.

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
      (Of course, he might have had a condition that made it so he had to eat, but good grief, it's not the airline's fault!)
      In which case, most reasonable, responsible people would have planned ahead, either by bringing their own food, or by making prior arrangements with the airline, as anyone can do.

In any case, nothing indicated that this guy had any special condition other than being a raging asshole, so as far as I'm concerned, he can go fuck himself.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        OMG! Yes! This was the first thing that came to my mind when she mentioned fish!
        I remember. I had lasagne.

And don't call me Shirley.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          Ya know, one of these days, one of those clever engineers at Boeing or Airbus is going to invent the "eject passenger" button.

DO NOT TEMPT THEM to work faster, Sir.
          Quoth Jester View Post
          Quiet, Arga!

No, sir, please....continue to tempt them!
          Yeah, but what about the unlucky schmoe who happens to be walking or standing in the SCs projectory? He doesn't deserve to be squashed just because the SC deserves to be ejected from a plane. Perhaps we should just make a teleporter to send the jerk to Pluto?
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I always have at least a 3 pack of glucose tablets [diabetics tend to do stuff like this] and when I am out of the house I will frequently toss a granola bar in my messenger bag even though I really do not like the nutritional profile of the damned things. What I am doing is making sure I have something to shove in my stomach if I get hungry. I also have a campers filter bottle so I can drink something and be able to fill it even if all I have is a freaking mud puddle. [I originally got it for an ocean cruise, I wanted to make sure that I didn't end up with something from accidentally getting nonpotable water.]

I am nuts, I also have a hand crank flashlight that will charge my cell phone as well as a cute little solar charge battery pack to do the same. All I need to do is sit next to a window to recharge the battery pack and crank my flashlight to keep my cell charged up, eat my damned granola bar and drink my bottle of water.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              In which case, most reasonable, responsible people would have planned ahead, either by bringing their own food, or by making prior arrangements with the airline, as anyone can do.

In any case, nothing indicated that this guy had any special condition other than being a raging asshole, so as far as I'm concerned, he can go fuck himself.
              I often carry granola bars as I do have such a condition (and am a responsible human being, unlike this twerp). And as far as what he can do with himself...my sentiments exactly.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Yeah, but what about the unlucky schmoe who happens to be walking or standing in the SCs projectory? He doesn't deserve to be squashed just because the SC deserves to be ejected from a plane. Perhaps we should just make a teleporter to send the jerk to Pluto?
                Call me cold hearted, but I'd say the risk of that is acceptable collateral damage.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Perhaps we should just make a teleporter to send the jerk to Pluto?
                  If we started teleporting SCs to Pluto, it would soon regain planetary status from the added mass.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    If we started teleporting SCs to Pluto, it would soon regain planetary status from the added mass.
                    It might also fall out of orbit. Plus, if we did start sending them there, it would only be a matter of time...before they built rockets to come back A better solution might be to simply send them into the sun
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      It might also fall out of orbit. Plus, if we did start sending them there, it would only be a matter of time...before they built rockets to come back A better solution might be to simply send them into the sun
                      Come now, you think they'll be able to get along long enough for them to invent rocket science?

And even if they did, that they wouldn't use it to shoot rockets at one another?

These are Sucktomers, after all. Rather like cuttlefish.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                      X