This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    That's a Lamborghini of some kind, don't know the model. And yes, you too can count me among the people who think it's eye-stingingly ugly. But to me most car styling since about 1999 has been rather uninspiring at best and WTF? at worst.
    It kind of looks like something rather large sat on a lime.

Comment

But to me most car styling since about 1999 1965 has been rather uninspiring at best and WTF? at worst.
      Fixed that for my own taste.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
        your pickup and a supercar are designed for completely different things. apples and anvils.

if you judge a supercar on its towing and cargo capacity vs a pickup, it will lose
        if you judge a pickup on its lap times vs a supercar, it will lose.
        Pretty sure the two seater wolfie is referring to isn't a pick up....
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Owner - No, put it down now, you'll mess it up! It's a Porsche, you know how much it's worth!?
          Right now, it's worth $65 if you don't want it towed....

We're seriously considering making some laminated copies of a picture one of our drivers took during a tow a few weeks back, just so we can whip it out when these kinds of people try to go off on us for touching their car. Since they seem to think we're incapable of even LOOKING at expensive stuff without denting it, they need to be gently reminded that their precious car is NOT the most expensive one we've ever touched!

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...30314507_n.jpg
          You absolutely need to do that!

"Haven't ya'll got anything better to do on New Years than ta' tow cars?!"
          Haven't ya'll got anything better to do on New Year's Eve than ta' park illegally and harass someone while they're doing their job?

And in retrospect, we chose the wrong car. It would've been so much more fun making him pay than her.
          You chose...unwisely.

Quoth pollywog View Post
          It kind of looks like something rather large sat on a lime.
          I like the car, personally, but I will admit the chosen color is horrific.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            Pretty sure you're right.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
              Pretty sure you're right.
              the point remains. a vehicle with that high of a towing capacity isn't designed for the same things a sports car is designed for. can't perform brain surgery with band saw, can't cut through a steel bar with a scalpel.

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                can't perform brain surgery with band saw.
                There's a part of me that says you could. You just might not like the end results.
                πϱ -- The Greek Society you've been burning to join!

Comment

On SCs who would see a diffrence

Comment

Couldn't the thread title be "The Last Drags of 2013"?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                      You're right. What gave it away - was it the part about only being able to get 2 of mine for the price of that car (I've never heard of a pickup that was closer to $200,000 than to $100,000), or the bit about the 60,000 pound trailer?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        You're right. What gave it away - was it the part about only being able to get 2 of mine for the price of that car (I've never heard of a pickup that was closer to $200,000 than to $100,000), or the bit about the 60,000 pound trailer?
                        Yes.

At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Lol, the lambo pic on the back of the truck had me cracking up.

So, has any of you in your company hitched a Veyron yet? *evil grin*
                          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                            your pickup and a supercar are designed for completely different things. apples and anvils.

if you judge a supercar on its towing and cargo capacity vs a pickup, it will lose
                            if you judge a pickup on its lap times vs a supercar, it will lose.
                            exactly. it all boils down to what the particular vehicle was designed for.

dipshits with too much money that don't know what the fuck to do with it,

or people with an actual brain.
                            If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
                            X