Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I snapped at an SC and had an adrenaline rush for like a week afterwards.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I snapped at an SC and had an adrenaline rush for like a week afterwards.

This happened on my 25th birthday, hence why I remember the date, December 30th.

Target only opened in my area in November. Now, I have exactly zero experience with Targets that have existed before this, having never been to one (I'm in Canada, as far as I know, Targets here are a VERY recent thing). However (and I say this as a former but hardworking WalMart employee), it's got nicer things than WalMart, is much tidier, and - so far, perhaps just because they're new - has amazing, friendly, bend-over-backwards customer service.

My mother works there, taking her first foray into retail. She's a CSG (I think? A customer service/cashier/cash office supervisor). She's almost naievly enthused about the whole thing, even after her first Christmas there. It's kind of cute. But I've warned her about the soul-crushing she'll eventually get.

Anyway. I'm at the cash, and have just finished paying for my things and am grabbing my bags when the person behind me starts being rung in.

Me:
    SC: Big, scary lady. (FYI, I'm overweight too, so I mean no harm. But there's no other way to describe this wench).

Me (to cashier): Thanks! Have a good day!

Cashier: You too!

SC: *slams things down* I need a price check on these items. The people in that department weren't helpful at all.

Me *thinking, wait, there's price scanners like every 5 feet*: *continues quietly collecting bags*

SC: I just can't stand this store. Awful service, terrible product.

Me *in a voice that came from within, without intention, I couldn't believe it*: Well, why don't you shop somewhere else, then?

SC: Well, I do shop elsewhere! I had bad experiences here before (store was opened approx. 6 weeks at this time), but I thought I'd give them another chance.

Me: I'm guessing you shouldn't have, seeing as you're like the only one of a ton of customers who have had anything bad to say, and you're choosing to complain to the cashier that had nothing to do with what you said happened, and can't do a damn thing about it. Plus, it's just after Christmas, and it's my birthday, and your shit attitude is bringing me down, lady. Chill out. *realizing what I've just said, I hurry off*

My mom, on customer service, sees me and starts over. I waved my hands frantically and said, "I don't know you right now! Explain later!" and, shaking with adrenaline, hightail it to Starbucks (the only one we've ever had in the history of our island, inside the store, so yay, Target gets points for that for sure).

I've NEVER gotten saucy with anyone. And I've worked in customer service and retail since I was 17. It felt SO good, I was shaking!

Anyway, I grabbed a latte, then wandered back to talk to mom. She said the SC had come over and complained to the supervisors, saying the CASHIER had said all that I'd said. She said even without knowing what had transpired, from the woman's vibe, they knew it was BS. She assured me the cashier (who had remained silent during the exchange) wouldn't be reprimanded. Which is great, because I would've felt about a foot tall if I'd gotten the girl in trouble!
    "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

"The only thing stronger than fear is hope." - Suzanne Collins

You just said what everybody listening was probably thinking. Honestly, I just don't understand why people think they have to be nasty to get problems fixed. All she had to do was ask.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Good on you!

Comment

Working...
      X