Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memories: Kicked-out of Lady's Skate Night!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories: Kicked-out of Lady's Skate Night!

I heard that the indoor roller skating rink I went to as a kid to a teen is being re-opened.

Wow; that brought back memories!

Back when roller blades were getting popular, I got a pair. It was before the rink started renting them. Mostly only boys brought roller blades.

You can see where this is going, right?

I had short hair. I have a square jaw. I really don't have much of a chest, I was 14 and wearing a baggy t-shirt, shirt over that, and cargo pants.

They had themed skates; couple of songs, then men's skating, couple of songs, women's skating, couple of songs, couple's, couple of songs, backwards, etc.

They announce lady's skating and I'm just doing my thing, enjoying the extra floor space. I had formal figure-skating training as a kid; yes, really, so I'm rocking doing some fancy moves. Some older girl passed me and said "Uh, you know this is for girls only, right?" And I said 'yeah, I know.' I was so clueless! Then over the loudspeaker came the DJ:

"WILL THE GENTLEMAN ON THE FLOOR PLEASE EXIT THE RINK! I KNOW YOU WANT TO SKATE WITH ALL THE GIRLS, BUT YOU CAN'T!"

I'm looking around...nope, don't see any guys...Then I see people pointing. Then one of the security guys from the DJ booth starts stomping across the rink, coming...straight towards me.

I rolled up to him and he starts yelling and waving his hands "I TOLD YOU TO GET OFF THE FLOOR! GO!" I shrugged and stuck my chest out enough to show boobs and asked in my girly voice "What did I do sir?" His mouth sort of flapped about like a dying carp and his face got red before he choked "Ummm...nevermind, continue." And dashed back to the booth.

I was SO embarrassed! My mom said that's what I got for not wearing jewelry!

The next skate night I wore earrings.

Guess who almost got kicked-out of the rink again?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

That's great.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I know I shouldn't, but I'm sat here roaring with laughter.

Just oh-my-god! I'd have died!

Comment

One my female friends wore her Merlin costume to a Halloween party at a local bar. It's a very good costume. I didn't even recognize her, nor could I tell that it was a woman under the costume. She's actually pretty big in the chest area, but the way the costume fits, you can't tell. The costume was so good that every time she went to use the ladies' room, someone freaked out.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          ... her Merlin costume ... every time she went to use the ladies' room, someone freaked out.
          Annoy me and you'll be eating flies all night.

Oh, you already planned on that?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've been mistaken for a boy sometimes. It's when they get a load of my face that they start apologizing.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
            X