Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coworker's fiance almost killed by road raging driver!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coworker's fiance almost killed by road raging driver!

My coworker has had a hard last year with the loss of a close family member in a car crash and her fiance being hospitalized for a month with a massive staph infection. Her fiance has only been out of the hospital for a few weeks and was driving to work this morning in his '91 Honda CRV.

Apparently, another driver (large SUV like an Excursion) felt that fiance was driving too slow in the left lane and began riding up on his tailpipe, backing off, riding up again. He then roared up in the right lane, swerved into fiance, looked him straight in the eye and threw something large and heavy from his window! It smashed fiance's windshield and made him crash into the guardrail on the median. Fiance managed to get his car moving long enough to catch-up with the other driver and take pictures of the SUV and license plate. The car died at that point and Fiance pulled over and called the police.

As of the end of the workday when Fiance came to meet my coworker, the police had not caught-up with the driver of the SUV and coworker was understandably freaking out. Fiance wasn't hurt and was entertaining some very creative ideas for vengeance should he ever see the driver of the SUV again
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Dude is lucky Fiance wasn't packing!
    Quoth LillFilly View Post
    Fiance wasn't hurt and was entertaining some very creative ideas for vengeance should he ever see the driver of the SUV again
    Understandable, but hopefully Fiance will leave that to the police. No point in getting himself in hot water as well.

People just go nucking futs behind the wheel. It's so not worth the trouble.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Holy shit! That's intense. Whenever that happens, just move over. Let the asshole speed off to where they want to go. It's just not worth staying in the lane like that.

Hopefully it shouldn't take much for the cops to get that driver

Comment

I can't understand how someone can purposefully do something that could KILL another driver! There's no respect for human life anymore.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I hope this piece of crap is caught and the judge throws him _under_ the jail!

Comment

There's a number of things I'd LIKE to say, but I'll save them for fratching. Instead I'll leave this.

Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

So, if the other lane was clear, why couldn't SUV guy have just, oh I donno, passed Fiance and been on his merry way?

Oh, right. Testosterone poisoning. "Hurr durr I'm a biiiiig man in my biiiiig SUV!"
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                Oh, right. Testosterone poisoning. "Hurr durr I'm a biiiiig man in my biiiiig SUV!"
                Eventually that attitude becomes ingrained, with their reaction becoming automatic. This tends to lead to situations like "So what if it's an uphill - that Peterbilt is going too slowly for my liking. I'll show him who's boss by running him off the road". Rule #1 - four-wheelers don't run big rigs off the road. You've got 3 tons of steel to protect you in a crash? He's got 40 to turn you into a red smear. Have fun explaining your actions to the guardian of the chrome gates (pop culture misconception has them described as the "pearly gates").
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X