This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    I especially don't put political bumper stickers on my car because I don't trust Anna Murican or her brother-from-another-mother Johnny "Red" Necque to see my political statements and decide to express their disagreement with their keys to the side of my car. Or worse.
    Yeah, my ex used to have that problem. He used to put a Darwin fish on his car. It was constantly getting scraped off.

Personally, I've never seen the point in paying good money for a sticky piece of paper that is had to scrape off without damaging your car, and reduces its value when you go to sell it.

I did used to have a license plate frame that said, "Trauma Queen" on it. I do miss that, but they're illegal in North Carolina now.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    Or a Redskins fan.

...we still exist!
    Indeed we do!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I had a bumper sticker that said 'Silly cowboy, trucks are for girls' on my last truck. I'm not sure it was the point but my brother rarely borrowed that truck, as he was embarrassed to be seen in a girls truck, so it served a good purpose. I really hated driving the car he owned then. Plus it made me happy.
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        I did used to have a license plate frame that said, "Trauma Queen" on it. I do miss that, but they're illegal in North Carolina now.
        Why would it matter that they're illegal in NC? After all, your location info (top of every post) says you're in CA. Also, what happens if someone from a jurisdiction where plate frames are legal is driving through NC (e.g. on vacation)? Would they get in trouble for having a frame?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

In NJ, my dad got a ticket for 'obstructed plates'--cousin's car had the dealer's plate frame she's had for years. The explanation dad got was that the frame partially obscured the state name <_<

Some of the larger decorative frames can cover stuff like inspection stickers etc, and I've seen some people around here with those clear plastic 'protectors' that do obscure the numbers.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Why would it matter that they're illegal in NC? After all, your location info (top of every post) says you're in CA. Also, what happens if someone from a jurisdiction where plate frames are legal is driving through NC (e.g. on vacation)? Would they get in trouble for having a frame?
            I actually live in North Carolina. The frame potentially partially obscures the license plate number (it was actually quite readable), which is why they're illegal.

San Angelo, CA is a fictional town created by Pat Sweeny and Mark Arsenault for Gold Rush Games, an RPG company. They're both friends of mine (though granted, we've been out of touch for a long time). Sapphire Silk is the name of a character I used to play in the San Angelo setting
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              Some of the larger decorative frames can cover stuff like inspection stickers etc, and I've seen some people around here with those clear plastic 'protectors' that do obscure the numbers.
              "Protection" from traffic cameras....

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                "Protection" from traffic cameras....
                According to MythBusters, it doesn't do a bit of good against camera's or anything else.
                But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                And it's not what I wanted to be
                The weight on me
                Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Working...
                X