This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headache induced forgetfulness

As part of my new year's resolution I've decided to try and shift some weight by walking whenever I'm not horribly time-pressured (usually if mum's illnesses have acted up and she needs someone to make her cups of tea/bring her stuff in hospital). To wit, I walked into town today to do some shopping despite the near gale-force winds bringing a massive wind-chill factor to what was otherwise a mild day. Needless to say, the rapid temperature changes (sheltered/unsheltered/overheated shops) had left me with a raging headache.

I dropped into a pharmacy to fill a prescription (my normal pharmacy was out of stock). I handed over the prescription (the form on the back already completed and signed) and sat down while the lady who took the prescription dealt with another customer. I swigged down some aspirin that I had in my bag, closed my eyes and leaned back in the chair.

Ten minutes later, the pharmacist walked up, confirmed my details, and gave me my tablets. I ambled off to catch the bus home (I really didn't feel great) and, once home, unpacked my shopping.

Once everything was put away and I had a much-needed cup of tea in hand, I started going through my receipts so that I had a rough idea how much I had left in my bank account, and how much I had spent on my card. New clothes? Check. Lunch? Check. Toiletries? Check. Joint for tomorrow? Check. Wait a minute... Where's the receipt for my prescription?

I emptied my bag, my purse, my pockets, nothing. Finally I pluck up the courage to call the pharmacy. The lady I get on the phone pulls my prescription and said "the box has been ticked to say you've paid", at which point I had to explain about having gone to my usual pharmacy first and they having run out (the first time in 8 years!) Since the lady who served me was out to lunch, they'd call me back.

Half an hour later, I get a call. No, I didn't pay

OK, can I pay over the phone with my card? No, it looks like machine won't accept remote transactions. OK, are you open tomorrow (Sunday)? Nope, weekdays and Saturdays only. So, what time do you close on weekdays? 5:30. I work in the next town over and am lucky if I reach the edge of town at 5:35. OK, you can come in on Saturday, then. There go my plans to go shopping in the city then...

I guess I'm lucky I noticed, otherwise the first thing anyone would have known about it would be when they took a Z reading at the end of the day and the till would have been off by one prescription charge. Back tracking would have matched up to my unpaid prescription, and my sister would have opened the door to the boys in blue...
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.
Working...
X