X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
    I am an individual. An individual who has a personal life. My own, personal
    life that has no room for facebook to destroy it.
    I say my own personal life that an employer has no business in IMO. I can understand being careful of what you post, but I think it's absurd that anyone would think it's ok to ask for personal passwords.

Comment

It is. But they do. I think it's the current economic situation: they know people are anxious about getting and keeping jobs, so some employers believe (sometimes rightfully, as it turns out) that they can make all kinds of outrageous demands on employees and prospective employees and nobody will dare argue.

Comment

It is actually against the terms and conditions of Facebook to share your password.

Registration and Account Security
        [...]
        8. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hrm. I got a link to check out my "lookback video" that FB can generate these days ... its "first stuff" section featured pics I posted two YEARS after I joined. What can I say, I don't exactly put a lot of stuff up there
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X