This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Deserted View Post
    Also: size doesn't matter. A single martial arts class would show you that. (Nothing quite like getting thrown across the room by someone half your size... hoo boy.)
    I know this all too well... as do a few former 'friends' who decided touching me from the back to 'say hello'.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
      But if you told this asshole that the decision was out of your hands, that might have defused the situation somewhat. Probably not, as he and his buddy ran off and stiffed you, but if anyone else tries to pull the Race Card[tm] on you, it's a good thing to try.
      The thing is, for the race card to work, there has to be someone who will accept the race card -- either the clerk (or whatever) they're dealing with, or the clerk's supervisor. I don't accept the card, and as a cab driver, I don't really have a supervisor. (They could call in a complaint, but a single complaint isn't going to do much.)

Quoth Gizmo View Post
      I know this all too well... as do a few former 'friends' who decided touching me from the back to 'say hello'.
      My brother got one of his black belts from an instructor who was wheelchair-bound (paralyzed from the waist down). This guy could beat the crap out of someone without leaving his chair... or from the ground, if necessary. He was scary good.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Speaking s a Brit, I hope you aren't advising the traditional SPEAK LOUDLY AND SLOWLY; we haven't shaken off our bad rep. for that yet
        In my experience, it goes with American tourists more than British tourists these days - or maybe there are just more Americans around.

On one memorable occasion, my dad and I were eating in a small restaurant in a reasonably rural part of Wales - it was simply one of the most obvious places to get a decent meal in that town. We soon became aware that a couple who were seated after us were Americans, since it really was quite difficult to avoid noticing their accent - from the opposite side of the entire restaurant - while they ordered.

"And you serve traditional - Welsh - food here?"

Comment

Working...
        X