This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older lady awesome

Yesterday, I posted a story about a couple of tweens who just dumped a 2 liter bottle of soda on a shelf, and today, an older lady was walking through the store, and saw me. Well, she picked up a cake from the bakery and as I was about to pass her, she said "Hey, could you please put this back for me? I just remembered that we're having this kind of cake where I'm going next."

I immediately thanked her for asking me to put it back instead of putting it in some random place, and explained what happened the day before. She just rolled her eyes, and smiled as she said "You shouldn't need to thank people for doing the right thing."

I agreed with her, and went to put her item back in the bakery where she got it. Wasn't a special made thing that couldn't be resold, btw, which makes her even more awesome.
    The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Hmmm....
    So if I post about every time someone stashes Doritos sideways into the peg candy endcap,
    something rightous will happen shortly after?!
    I'm taking notes, thank you.

Comment

...today, while walking through the soda aisle, I noticed a half eaten bucket of popcorn chicken. I mentally gave the leaver props for not having spilled the chicken onto the floor, and for it being a product they'd actually bought instead of an opened shelf item. WHEN DID MY STANDARDS BECOME SO LOW.

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
        ...today, while walking through the soda aisle, I noticed a half eaten bucket of popcorn chicken. I mentally gave the leaver props for not having spilled the chicken onto the floor, and for it being a product they'd actually bought instead of an opened shelf item. WHEN DID MY STANDARDS BECOME SO LOW.
        When you started working in a grocery store.
        The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
          ...today, while walking through the soda aisle, I noticed a half eaten bucket of popcorn chicken. I mentally gave the leaver props for not having spilled the chicken onto the floor, and for it being a product they'd actually bought instead of an opened shelf item.
          How do you know they purchased it? At my store, I see people in line all the time snacking on popcorn chicken (especially if they have kids).

Comment

I know at the awful-mart I used to work at, the deli/hot case had a register and they made you pay for the hot stuff there. Although I know a lot of awful-marts don't have a register there but it was nice that mine did

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
              How do you know they purchased it? At my store, I see people in line all the time snacking on popcorn chicken (especially if they have kids).

...faith in humanity stocks hit an all time low today...

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                Perhaps it was a brand they don't sell? If the bucket were red and white, with an elderly gentleman's face on it along with the TLA of the chain's original name, that would be a brand no grocery store sells.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

One could always pretend that faith in humanity is a bear market. Now how does one place stocks on human idiocy?
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                    One could always pretend that faith in humanity is a bear market. Now how does one place stocks on human idiocy?
                    Actually, it's the idiots who should be placed in the stocks.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X