This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping the door...and all common sense

So I'm on Peapod duty today at the grocery store (babysit the food the customers buy online, then bring it out to their cars when they arrive), and what does my very first customer of the day do? I'm standing at the back of her minivan, having finally transferred the last few bags from the totes to the back, and I tell her (sitting in the front seat...no, thanks, I don't need any help...) that I've finished, and a split-second later, the automatic door comes down DIRECTLY ON MY HEAD. I'm yelling at the lady to just stop, STOP...! and she then asks in an off-handed way if I'm okay (I was, it startled me more than anything), and when I said I was (albeit extremely upset), she just proceeds to shut the back and take off. Seriously, someone's putting something into the back of your car...shouldn't you at least glance in the rear-view mirror to make sure he's completely clear before shutting the goddamn door?!

Fucking idiot. I wasn't hurt, but I could have been, seriously (and I'm sick as a dog anyways, which didn't help).

Ouch! And she's an idiot. You're probably lucky she didn't drive over your foot on her way out.

Better wear a helmet next time
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Dumb thing to do when the person you're assaulting can easily get your plate number.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Since you already had her info...

In situations like that, I've tended to reply "I don't know if I'm OK. I'm going to get my manager to finish up here while I go check for bruises." Even if I'm fine, it scares the thoughtless jerk for a minute or two.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          ... the automatic door comes down ...
          Which is why she has 6 half-children...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            the automatic door comes down DIRECTLY ON MY HEAD.
            Owie! You did let your manager know what had happened, right? Made a report? You may not feel hurt now, but it's possible that something may show up later.

That SC needs her head bashed in the door. Might knock some sense into her, or at least teach her to check that the door is clear before she closes it!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

That SC needs her head bashed in the door.
              Fixed that for you.

Comment

Working...
              X