Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My manager says your wrong so I'm going to go with it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear God.

Reading these stories makes me very glad there are no manufacturer's coupons for craft and sewing items. Though we do have to deal with idiots who try to combine discounts despite the coupons and cards saying you can't, and getting very upset about it. If we had to deal with manufacturer's coupons and extreme couponers on top of that, I think you'd be reading about me in the news.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      ... coupons for craft and sewing items. ... deal with extreme couponers ...I think you'd be reading about me in the news.
      I thought that treadle triple-needle machine was a display antique, but she was cranking it like an Olympic buzzsaw, seaming up one side and down the other, leaving no part untouched!

And the transcendent bliss of her smile...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        I'm actually surprised a lot of places still allow it, to tell you the truth.
        I'm guessing that the televised ones stretch whatever policy they do have a bit to look more accommodating?

Seems like an invitation to future SCs, but free publicity is pretty seductive for some businesses.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          I'm guessing that the televised ones stretch whatever policy they do have a bit to look more accommodating?

Seems like an invitation to future SCs, but free publicity is pretty seductive for some businesses.

Yeah, in the paragraph that flashes before every ep, there's a disclaimer about the shopping trips being extreme, and check your policies first!! They do probably go to the stores and tell them their filming, I mean, they need to get releases signed, permission, etc. Although, some of the stores DO stick to their policies, the EC just games the system. A lot.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
            Yeah, in the paragraph that flashes before every ep, there's a disclaimer about the shopping trips being extreme, and check your policies first!!
            We all know that SCs never read those.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Kittykat View Post
              Cecily, just a heads up never, ever place coupons on the conveyor belt. I've seen many a coupon get eaten.

I was gonna say the same thing.
              If I don't seen the coupon (and it happens), chances are it's gonna end up on the belt and under the metal flap into the great unknown.
              Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

DGC - wtf is Cheerwine, anyway? I know it' non-alcoholic, as it's in the cooler with the pepsi and other cokes and all...A place here started carrying it recently. Never had it, tho.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

A kind of cherry-flavored soda.

I bought some from World Market once. It's okay.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    DGC - wtf is Cheerwine, anyway? I know it' non-alcoholic, as it's in the cooler with the pepsi and other cokes and all...A place here started carrying it recently. Never had it, tho.
                    Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    A kind of cherry-flavored soda.

I bought some from World Market once. It's okay.
                    To answer your question, check this out.

If you're from either North or South Carolina, Cheerwine is tradition. Nectar of the Gods, to hear some tell it.

And yes, I do drink this once in a while . . . Good stuff.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

C-store at a truck stop had the 2 litre of Cheerwine on sale when I was overnighting in North Carolina, so I bought a couple. Good stuff.

Slightly O/T, but if the Confederates had won the Civil War, what do you think would be the most popular soda in the U.S.? My guess would be Vernors' (originated in Michigan) - after all, Coke is from Georgia, Pepsi is from North Carolina, virtually all the main "big names" (including Dr. Pepper, Nehi, 7-Up) originated in the South.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

wolfie> If you ever have a need to stop in Central/Eastern PA check the shelf for "Middlesworth" brand chips. It's one of the few things I miss about PA.
                        But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                        And it's not what I wanted to be
                        The weight on me
                        Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Working...
                        X