Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though it's not a stick, the Mazda MPV does have a very peppy engine and handles quite well. There are quite a few curvy and hilly roads in the San Diego area, and it's been a fun van to drive. Well, it's been as fun as a minivan could possibly be, anyway. I could be more surprised to hear that their sedans live up to the advertisements in that regard.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Winter driving shouldn't be much of an issue for you where you are now.

As for adjusting to the auto tranny, over the stick, believe me, you will adjust. It will take a little time, but it will happen. I had many of the same issues you're having when I went from my manual Shadow to my first Blazer. Eventually your left foot will figure out its place, and your brain will adjust to the differences in driving an auto. As for downshifting, even in an auto, you can downshift if the vehicle is not doing it in the manner you'd like. I'm fortunate in that that's almost never been a problem in my Blazer(s), but then, it's a much different vehicle than your minivan.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
      X