This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More tech help

okay... Dad has an ACER Aspire 5336 (worst P.O.S. ever), and I figured out how to disable the idiot touchpad.

Now where are its drivers so I can erase them with such extreme prejudice as to make certain that ming piece of government-designed is NEVERNEVER activated again!!!

My dad (87) for many years has cut a piece of thin cardboard (i.e.: 3x5 file card) to fit in the hole / cover the trashpad.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Tried doing it through Device Manager? wondering if that won't turn back on again on reboothen the software icon side would.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
        Even if you were to remove those drivers, they would reinstall when the computer is rebooted...
        *kid-friendly version* DANG IT!!

Comment

You're not out of luck yet! Go to your Device manager (in Win7 you right click on the computer option in the start menu and it will be on the left hand side) and under the heading "Mice and other pointing devices" should be the touch pad. Right click and select disable.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
          X