This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic COPS...

Epic in the sense of my reaction to them of course.

Lately I've been watching a LOT of COPS and, lately, there's been a lot of indignant mothers on the show.

Oh, not indignant at the cops like we here expect EW mothers to do.

Indignant at THEIR KIDS. One mother would lecture her kid about how wrong it was for him to be doing what he was doing, and another would talk to the cop about how he (her son) wasn't allowed to smoke pot, and she'd just STARE at her son and say NOTHING to him.

And you can see it in the kids' faces, too -- they'll look the cop in the eye, but they can't look their mamas in the face. It's hilarious.
    Last edited by Tama; 03-28-2014, 05:04 AM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Reminds me a little of Gordon Ramsay.

While the man is Sir Swears-A-Lot on the show, he has made it a specific point not to swear EVER in front of his mum. He even tells the other contestants on Hells' Kitchen not to do so! (not just "not cuss" in front of HIS mum, but in front of their own parents)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Of course he doesn't swear in front of his mom...He knows that, if he did so on set, the producers would take great glee in watching her take him to task about it (at the very least ) on his own show!

Tho, speaking of EW parental units...As a newspaperman, please permit me to throw a PSA in, here: If your kid was arrested -- for ANYTHING -- recently, don't call the paper and demand that their mugshot not be run in this week's edition. All that does is draw attention to the name, and maybe...just maybe...make the selection of arrests they publish become slightly less random than usual when they don't have room to run each and every one Asking nicely will at least get them to check the current list and maybe fudge it if it was just a minor misdemeanor...But if you "demand" ...? You have chosen...poorly. Bonus fun when the arrest was for something drug-related.

And, in any case...this stuff is public record. The daily paper probably already carried it, and the TV stations even run it if the arrest was truly notable. Their employer would have found out through the grapevine sooner or later, more than likely...Especially if said arrest caused them to miss a shift or two without explanation.
      Last edited by EricKei; 03-28-2014, 05:38 PM.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

don't call the paper and demand that their mugshot not be run in this week's edition
        Ha! Even though I work in advertising, I've fielded calls like this for the editorial dept.!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yet another indignant mother. This time a woman who gave the cop "that look" when he mentions that her boy has been found with crack and weed and is going to jail.

Yeah, could have gotten her kicked out of her apartment building. Single mom. She was pissed the fuck off and told him not to come back.
          Last edited by Tama; 03-30-2014, 06:03 AM.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I remember one where the kid was begging to having the cops move faster because he saw a very well dressed lady heading there way.

The cop deliberately started moving slower when someone called out "Yo man your Momma is coming."

I think the kid pee'd his pants.

Comment

Working...
            X