X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Dyslexia....

... you son of a bitch!

Yes, I have dyslexia, which makes life sooooo much fun. Like when I'm reading and my brain substitutes a completely different word than what is printed. I call these "happy accidents" mental Freudian slips. One of which lead to tonight"s conversation with my customer experience manager.

Me: I just totally misread a customer's shirt.
    CEM: makes a "I'm listening, continue" hum
    Me: It was homemade with some of the iron letters we sell.
    CEM: makes another "continue" hum
    Me: It read "V is for vegatrian"
    CEM:
    Me:
    CEM: Oh my God!
    Me: Yep
    CEM: "V is for..."
    Me: "Vagatrian"
    CEM: You need a shirt like that
    Me: I so need a shirt like that
    Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Reminds me of the opposite that happened to a female wrestler in WWE, Victoria.

She posted online that she'd bought this shirt that she thought had read "Contaminated."

Then she found out it wasn't an "o" in that word, but a completely different vowel.

She had to get rid of that shirt quick.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      Reminds me of the opposite that happened to a female wrestler in WWE, Victoria.

She posted online that she'd bought this shirt that she thought had read "Contaminated."

Then she found out it wasn't an "o" in that word, but a completely different vowel.

She had to get rid of that shirt quick.
      Uhmmm, 'A'? 'E'? 'Q'?
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

So I just switched my drivers' license from my old state to my new one. My new state mails out the actual license. I didn't realize until several days later that I'd inverted the last two digits of my address. I went online and changed it, but there's no telling if I'll actually get the new license. The version with the inverted numbers doesn't actually exist, and I told the mail carrier, so there's a chance I'll get it, but yeah, dyslexia sucks.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
          Uhmmm, 'A'? 'E'? 'Q'?
          Just in case you're being deliberately obtuse... (censored for language) ["Cuntaminated"]
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
          X