This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dat awkward moment

So I'm on my way home one day and almost home, just about to turn from the main road onto the residential road which leads into my neighborhood.

Unfortunately, in front of me is this Honda Civic which has slowed down to like 5 MPH. He has his turn indicator on so I know he's turning into my neighborhood, but I have no clue why he's doing it so damned slowly. Sure, there's lawncare workers about but they're not crossing the street in front of this Civic, so why the major slowdown? I couldn't figure it out.

Finally the Civic makes the turn and proceeds to putter along well below the speed limit. Note, this road we're on now is about as wide as the one we just turned off of and being residential, much less trafficked. Absolutely no reason to go so slow, there's not even houses for a good hundred yards yet, so no chance of anyone to run over. Unfortunately, Mr. Slowpoke was not leaving any room and there actually were a couple of cars coming up the other direction, so I couldn't pass this snail.

Then the Civic turns on his indicator again to turn down my street. My street runs east-west past a couple other streets and then does a bend to become north-south. Not wanting to see how slowly he'll take that bend, I take the opportunity to pass him since there's no opposing traffic.

And wouldn't you know it, my garage door remote decides to give me some trouble that day, and delays me enough that I'm able to see Mr. Slowpoke pull into his driveway....

....right next door.

Yup, Mr. Slowpoke was none other than my new neighbor I just met not a few days before.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Here's hoping maybe he was just a little lost due to not being used to the neighborhood. That's gonna get old really fast.

I have someone in my neighborhood who will crawl 10-15mph up a 35mph street for no apparent reason, but at least they have the courtesy to pull over and let people pass them. (They do this all the time...have been doing it for years, and I have no clue why, but as long as they pull over to let me pass I'm not gonna care).
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

What bhs describes is what I did when I was still a new driver -- If I had to go slower due to not knowing an area well, I was always prepared to pull over and 'wave' others past me.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X