This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing? (with a pic!)

So, I didn't get a picture of the initial set-up, but I did get this (click on it for a bigger version):

To describe what is happening: school just got out, and there is a stop sign at the bottom of the hill about half a block away. Traffic is backed up to where I'm at. Genius in the green truck decided to try and pass the backup because of...reasons? When was he going to merge back in when it's bumper to bumper? I have no clue what was going on in his head. Not sure I want to even venture there.

Of course there's a car coming up the hill, so this does not work. He sits there for a minute as though completely dumbfounded that there may be oncoming traffic on a two-way street. So finally the truck tries to pull the wrong way into a one-way alley (when I snapped this pic...you can see the "Do Not Enter" sign on the left), and he missed the alley. He waits there for a bit until he finally realizes he is still blocking traffic and has to back up and do a 3-point to make it into the alley (again, still going the wrong way). I think he was hoping someone would leave a gap for him to re-enter traffic at some point because he backed at a weird angle at first like he was starting to face downhill again, but blue van and me were like "Hell no, you dumbass" and the truck finally figured out how to back up and turn toward the alley at the same time.

The alley just loops around an apartment complex and comes back to the street, so I presume he looped around and went to the back of the line up, which had grown significantly since he attempted his odd maneuver.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    I have no clue what was going on in his head. Not sure I want to even venture there.
    Very likely no, you don't.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
    X