This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you work here? deja vu

Ok so today at work I'm on my hands and knees cleaning and straightening up the bottom shelf in my favorite aisle, feminine hygiene. Like a good majority of retail workers, I'm wearing specific company dress code AND a big name tag. Cue oddball customer

Oddball : Excuse me, do you work here?

Me : (befuddled that someone would ask me that when I'm on my hands and knees cleaning a shelf) Uhhh (looks down at name tag), I would hope so.

Oddball : Could you tell me where the trash bags are?

Me : (points him in the right direction)

Soon after that the cashier calls me and needs me up front so I start heading up there when I run into oddball again.

Oddball : Hey, do you work here?

Me : (Has to do a double take at that one since I JUST talked to him), uhh yep.

Oddball : Where's the soap at?

Me : Next aisle over.

So I head up front, take care of the cashier. Cashier finishes ringing up her customer and is cleaning BEHIND the register when oddball walks up to cashier (who is BEHIND THE REGISTER)

Oddball : You work here?

I had to go lock myself in the office to have a good laugh about it. I mean asking once, eh it's annoying but I live. Asking twice gets a little bizarre but asking THREE different times to people when it's OBVIOUS they work there is just asking for the DUH award.

And the other thing, it's not like this guy was elderly and forgetful or even a druggie/stoner, he was just clueless.

Hi. Do you post here? Where the Brain Burps at?

Comment

No, I don't work, thanks for asking.

I was at a gas station slash convenience store whose employees mostly wear red shirts and khaki shorts or pants. Guess what colors I happened to be wearing? Guess how many people stopped me to ask where things were?
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Maybe the poor confused person has encountered the angry SC who, when asked a question about where something is located, ripped into him so bad he now has PTSD and timidly inquires as to whether or not a person works in the store before asking where something is?
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Yeah, but...when the worker is behind the register??
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Customers from my previous job come into my current workplace and ask, "So, you work here now?" It happened so many times during my first week that I started saying, "No, I just put on this uniform and snuck in. Don't tell anybody."

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
              No, I don't work, thanks for asking.

I was at a gas station slash convenience store whose employees mostly wear red shirts and khaki shorts or pants. Guess what colors I happened to be wearing? Guess how many people stopped me to ask where things were?
              I once didn't think through my day's itinerary too well when dressing, and walked into a certain large chain store wearing a red top and tan pants, thus matching employee dress code. I managed to stay under bewildered customer radar, though.

Of course, I'm someone who can be dressed totally differently from employees, carrying a purse and shopping basket, and wearing visible head/earphones, and STILL get other customers asking me for help.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
              X