This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old and Grumpy

I work at a furniture store, we had a customer that ordered a floor lamp about three months ago before returning home (snowbird). Within two weeks we found out the lamp he ordered was no longer available. We tried calling him and letting him know but he never answered. The voice mailbox was full and we weren't able to leave a message. Today he came in demanding his lamp. We explained the lamp was discontinued and had tried contacting him to let him know for a few months but to no avail. I will admit in the last three weeks I have not called-I've been busy and honestly felt like it was a waste of time at this point-because he never answers his phone. He was so RUDE!!! He started yelling about going online and complaining, threatening to call his lawyer, etc. I was in the process of giving him a full refund while he was doing this, I hand him a pen to sign for the refund and printing his copy when he chucked the pen at me and stormed out. He actually had to come back in to get his receipt. I am just happy as beans he only lives here PART TIME!!!

Welcome to CS! We've got cookies, brain bleach if you need it, and (be sure to bring your ID) Jester's got the booze.

Generally, there are 4 types of people who tend to be SCs:

1) Middle-age to geezer men
    2) Middle-age to old bat women
    3) Young to middle-age men
    4) Young to middle-age women
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Why did I just read that to mean there are 4 types of folks on CS?

Or maybe my eyes are tired, but anyways Welcome aboard Furniture Gal. Looking forward to hearing more stories.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Welcome to CS! We've got cookies, brain bleach if you need it, and (be sure to bring your ID) Jester's got the booze.

You're using old data there, wolfie. New research has found a genetic link between all potential Sucktomers.

It's the X chromosome.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          It's the X chromosome.
          If that's the case, the females are *definitely* screwed
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

There's a fifth category: hellspawn.

Comment

It has been my experience that all walks of life have SC's and EW's. I'd say there are indeed four types.

1) Adult Men
              2) Children
              3) Adult Female
              4) People old enough to be 1 or 3, but act like number 2.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                It has been my experience that all walks of life have SC's and EW's. I'd say there are indeed four types.

1) Adult Men
                2) Children
                3) Adult Female
                4) People old enough to be 1 or 3, but act like number 2.
                LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

Lol, so basically everyone.

Furniture Gal, I can't believe he threw the pen at you! I had someone throw a pen at me once as well. It's so demeaning and disrespectful He was probably just mad because he didn't know how to delete his voicemails or something and apparently that was supposed to be YOUR responsibility. Didn't you know that you should have gone to his house, knocked on the door, and told him personally that his order was there?!

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    If that's the case, the females are *definitely* screwed
                    I wouldn't say that . . . . I think at the end of the day it's the guys who are "screwed" as it's women who are capable of carrying and birthing children, and not the guys.

IE, we decide if the species will continue.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X