This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky parker sob story

Yesterday Hubs got home in the afternoon and saw someone was parked in my spot. He left a note on their car gently reminding them that they were parked in someone else's spot. Sometime around 6pm they moved. A while later Hubs wandered off to bed.

JUST as Hubs was starting to fall asleep, the dog starts going nuts. Hubs gets up and sees some "skinny as hell white guy" (Hubby's words) standing on our back porch peering in.* Hubs puts on pants, his sidearm, and a coat, and goes out to see what's up.

Turns out it was the owner of the car who had parked in my spot earlier. He asked if he could use our spot because his girlfriend had taken his money and the dealer was about to repo his car but he was getting money in just a couple days and needed to use our parking space to hide from the repo men.

Hubs told him that none of that changed the fact that I was coming home in a couple hours and would need the utility of said spot.

Guy reluctantly moved the vehicle, and Hubs stayed up to make sure no one else parked in my space until I got home.

*The way our parking spaces are arranged, it's easier for us to go in and out the back door. It's still weird and creepy for someone else to be back there, though, especially after dark. We have a front door with our unit number on it; go knock there.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    Turns out it was the owner of the car who had parked in my spot earlier. He asked if he could use our spot because his girlfriend had taken his money and the dealer was about to repo his car but he was getting money in just a couple days and needed to use our parking space to hide from the repo men.
    What charming neighbors you have. Keep your eyes open and stay safe.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If a repo man is looking for a car, he's not just going to check the spot it belongs in - he'll check the whole parking lot (and any non-gated lots in the immediate neighbourhood). Parking in your spot won't help him.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        If a repo man is looking for a car, he's not just going to check the spot it belongs in - he'll check the whole parking lot (and any non-gated lots in the immediate neighbourhood). Parking in your spot won't help him.
        I don't think we're dealing with someone smart enough to figure it out.

He ended up parking in someone else's spot. By mid-day, all the other cars in the immediate vicinity were gone so he stuck out like a sore thumb. Still there tonight though, so no tows yet. Is it wrong that I wish I knew which agency was after him?
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

He could try what one of my neighbors on my old street did - park on the next street over. She parked on our street, then walked through an empty lot to get to the street behind us. I always figured she was avoiding someone, because there was room to park on that street.

We called her Bitchella because every day she'd walk through that lot with her kid, her man or both of them, bitching and swearing in a loud voice about everything under the sun.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
          X