This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Words4theWorld View Post
    I didn't find anything), but in Bavaria (Germany) there is a little town called Fucking.
    I've heard of that town...and their problem with tourists stealing the signs

When I go on vacation, I pass through the town of Tuckahoe, NJ. You can imagine the issues with vandalism. The "T" seems to become an "F" pretty often
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

As previously mentioned, I'm from Wales, UK and we've got some great place names here.

In the city of Cardiff (way way back from the original post), we've got areas called Splott (although the residents prefer to pronounce it 'Sploe'), St Mellons and St Fagans.

We've got two Newports, both on the south coast. We have an amusing town called Three Cocks and a lovely fun town called Tumble. Wrap up warm to visit Cardigan, or not very warm to visit Pant. You have to be careful saying Machynlleth. Even more so saying Llanfair*pwllgwyn*gyllgo*gery*chwyrn*drobwll*llant y*silio*gogo*goch.

If anyone's seen a comedy programme called Little Britain, we really do have a town called Llandewi Brefi and the signs keep getting stolen.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        I seem to recall someone saying that a certain Australian beer (it's probably the Aussie beer best known by North Americans due to the ads with Paul Hogan) tasted like it was recycled. Could this be associated with the name of that suburb?
        I think it went something along the lines of...

'Excuse me. Can you tell me the best way to Cockfosters?'

Paul Hogan: 'Serve it warm, mate'.

Comment

there's a town not far from me called Beveridge. Yes, you can get a drink there at the Pub. The Aussie definition of a town requires 2 things a pub and a post office.

Comment

Working...
          X