X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just cheese

Had a customer come up to me and ask "Is there any alcohol in this cheese?"
    "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
    set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Mmmmm Now I fancy a lump of Red Windsor
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I have it on good authority that Vilhon Blanc is delicious. Never tasted it, though. Ditto for Turmish Brick.
      Last edited by wolfie; 05-03-2014, 01:44 AM. Reason: Reminded of another wine cheese.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

There actually are a lot of cheeses made with beer, wine, or even whisky in them. There's an Irish Cheddar with porter that's really good.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          There actually are a lot of cheeses made with beer, wine, or even whisky in them. There's an Irish Cheddar with porter that's really good.
          Exactly; it's possible that the customer has an allergy or sensitivity to alcohol, or doesn't want it for religious or personal reasons (some recovering alcoholics won't eat foods with alcohol because of the taste or because they're on antabuse, a drug that makes them physically ill if they ingest ANY amount of alcohol).
          "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
          -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
            If I ask that question it will be because I want it to have alcohol in it. And now that I know it comes that way, I might have to start asking. It will go well with the alcohol filled chocolates.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
              I would think it would be listed on the ingredients label.
              Quoth Pagan View Post
              There's an Irish Cheddar with porter that's really good.
              That does sound tasty, what brand is it? I thought it might be Kerrygold, but I didn't see it listed on their webpage. (I did see this one listed, and I might give that a try!)
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I had some Sartori Merlot Bellavitano a few weeks ago and it's amazing. It tastes like and has the texture of parmesan, and the rind has a merlot flavor, which I surprisingly liked even though I don't like merlot on its own.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  That does sound tasty, what brand is it? I thought it might be Kerrygold, but I didn't see it listed on their webpage.
                  It's really good. It's Cahill's. I usually see it at Whole Foods or Trader Joe.

Kerrygold also makes one with Irish whisky that's pretty good.
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

They make cheese with wine!? I picked a bad week to start the dairy-free thing.

Comment

Sure. Much more efficient -- albeit probably less fun -- than pairing up a nice cheese with the proper wine and taking them out on a picnic or something
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                      X