This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack of the Deer

This is a roadkill sighting from Hubby's coworker. Hubby's CW was driving down the road when a deer ran out of the bushes and hit the car. I didn't write that backwards. The deer ran out and plowed right into the front driver side of the patrol car hard enough to dent the car (a brand new 2014 Altima).

The deer got up, shook itself off, and ran away.

What is amusing is that they had been having some trouble with the driver side headlight on that car. Since the deer hit it, the headlight has been working perfectly!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I had a deer do this to me... at noon on a clear day in the middle of a four lane highway with me in a huge red minivan. I was the only vehicle even close to it, so it had to see me coming.

It smashed the driver side sliding door, the rear quarter panel, the tailgate and bumper, and them got run over by the little compact sedan that was about five car lengths behind me. After that it jumped up and ran off. I assume it died after that, but I went back to find it and I couldn't.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I had a deer do this to me as well, though mine happened near sunset one summer. Darn thing just jumped out of the ditch and right into the driver's side just in front of the front door. People laugh when I say the deer hit me, but it's true!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Many moons ago, a deer ran into the side of my mother's car while she was going ~55mph! She pulled over and two guys stopped to help. They asked her if they could have the deer (you can have it if you report the accident). She had no problem with it but they never found it, it ran off and was never seen again.

The dent in her driver's side rear door was _huge_, but the damn deer still managed to get away...

Comment

Back in December, when my friends and I were drving on MN 64 to Lake of the Woods to go ice fishing, a deer ran out from the ditch, and ran into the passanger door, and mirror, which is where I was sitting. Scared the crap out of all of us.

There wasn't too much damage. There was a chunk taken out of the mirror, and some hair in the door. I don't know if it survived, but if it would have been killed on impact, we were ready to take some nummy venison.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

My housemate's Mom had an encounter with a dog that was just as stupid!

Driving down the road to her drive (with housemate, her son) they see the neighbor's dog standing in the road. It sees the car and starts charging at it. She slows until she comes to a dead stop and 'Wham!' the dog ran headfirst into the grill! Shook itself off and staggered home, where its owners came out and accused her of hitting their dog. Both her and housemate had to tell them sorry, their dog hit them!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Animals are one thing, but I've had a sign hit my truck. Yep, you're reading that right.

I was southbound on I75 in Ohio during the leftovers of Hurricane Ike. I was in the middle of 3 lanes in a construction zone, when a gust of wind caught a temporary (orange) sign, carried it across the left lane and into mine. It tagged my grille, and was last seen heading north in the southbound lanes.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I hope whoever returned that sign to the construction crew said, "Here's your sign."
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                  I hope whoever returned that sign to the construction crew said, "Here's your sign."
                  OMG!! Such win!
                  Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I've had a magpie charge my car's front tire when I was travelling at 80k/hr. Guess who won?

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                      I've had a magpie charge my car's front tire when I was travelling at 80k/hr. Guess who won?
                      Darwin. Next question.

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                      X