This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
    Or maybe carolina rice cakes [leftover rice, flour, milk, egg, cinnamon, sugar. Make into a stiff dough and pat into patties, fry up and serve with brandied hard sauce or I suppose golden syrup or maple syrup]
    Oooh, that sounds tasty. I have homemade blueberry syrup that would probably do well with them.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      Oooh, that sounds tasty. I have homemade blueberry syrup that would probably do well with them.
      Probably. I like them because they are a good solid way to start a morning. I make them so they end up about 3 quarters of an inch thick and the inside is all hot and still slightly oozy with the grains of rice embedded. Sort of like a really solid hot rice pudding almost in the English way of thinking of a pudding rather than the American soft gelatinous ooze. I have no idea where my Mom got the recipe, but it was something we had all the time - never really seen it online anywhere either. You always seem to find regular pancakes where they blend everything into a smooth batter, or savory versions.

I desperately need to win a lottery - my dream kitchen would probably be 30x60 feet, and have a lovely large kitchen at one end with a large country style table as the work island, and a sitting area at the other end for people to hang out in while the cooking goes on, with another room of about the same size right next to it with a 10x10 walk in freezer, a 10x10 walk in refrigerator and a 10x20 vermin proof dry storage and then shelves for all the stuff that doesn't fit in the kitchen normally like a collection of several thousand food molds, cookie cutters, kitchenaid attachments and suchlike. I love to can stuff and bell jars take up a hella lot of room. My pressure canner is the size of a 5 gallon pot. And we won't go into my collection of pots and pans, I have a 100 qt.25 gallon stock pot ... there is a reason we bought a property with a 3 story 20x30 barn ... the barn is way bigger than our 20x40 house.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'm lactose intolerant and there are times I order pizzas w/ extra cheese because I'm smart enough to take a product called Lactaid so I can enjoy the cheesy goodness w/o to many problems.

The guy is a grade A jerk.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          . As to pesto, it's mostly basil, olive oil and parmesan cheese, isn't it? .
          Parmesan is typically low enough in lactose not to set off many folks who have an intolerance. Not completely lactose free, but rather close to it.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

AD - One thing I saw recently that am tempted to try, but really shouldn't - is pancakes cooked in a rice cooker (one with a top that makes a proper seal, not just a lid). Apparently, they do it well, and you end up with a big poofy pancake...cake ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
              Next time he orders "chicken and pesto", send them to him in a couple of bowls. He never said he wanted the crust, did he?
              Nah, just ban him--he's more trouble than he's worth.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                As for sausage...I'm not sure I wanna know exactly what goes in them...
                At the risk of repeating myself, as I may have told this story on this site already, I have a great gross sausage story without any gross parts. No, really.

Sophomore year of high school (my first of three high schools), biology class. I sat in the back of the room with Kerry and Dave, and we goofed around. Because we were all good students, Mr. Michalowski (or Mr. Mick, as everyone called him) gave us some leeway.

So one day, Dave and I are explaining to Kerry just what a hot dog actually IS, as well as two fifteen-year-old boys with no experience in the meat-packing business can explain such things. Kerry is not amused with us. So in the middle of the lesson....

"Mr. Mick! Mr. Mick! Mr. Mick!"

(slightly exasperated) "Yes, Kerry, what is it this time?"

"Jester and Dave are being gross!"

"Why, what are they doing?"

So she tells him. Big mistake. Because....

"Well, Kerry, that's actually rather fascinating...."

Being a biology teacher, and being oblivious to who his audience was, Mr. Mick went into a fifteen minute dissertation of just what sausages are and exactly how they're made, with far more detail than Dave or I could have dreamed of. Kerry, most of the girls in the class, and even some of the guys, started turning various shades of green as Mr. Mick droned on about this rather grisly subject. Dave and I, on the other hand, were not only fascinated, but were dying laughing watching our classmates' reactions, especially Kerry's.

She didn't speak to us for two weeks after that.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                I desperately need to win a lottery - my dream kitchen...
                Don't get me started....whenever I look at apartments, I spend an inordinate time checking out the kitchen. I don't have or want all the stuff you have or want, mind you, but I do want a good-sized kitchen with certain things and stuff.

When I finally move back to Arizona (next year, hopefully), wherever I land, my place is going to have a kickass kitchen. And since I won't be sharing it with any roommates, it'll be mine, mine, MINE!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

At the pizza place, I once had a lady order a pizza with no cheese and no tomato. Yeah, just a dough on its own. At the time she was calling us, she was carrying on an argument with her husband, which was hilarious in itself. I mean, finish shouting at your husband, THEN call for pizza.

Anyway, after she'd placed her order, I heard a man saying, "Order me one as well." The lady yelled back, "But you don't even LIKE pizza!" He replied, "Get me a cheese and tomato without any cheese or tomato!"

The lady then said into the phone, "And a large cheese and tomato without cheese and tomato for my STUPID husband!"

When I came off the phone I was almost crying with laughter. XD He obviously only did that to piss off his wife.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

It took awhile, but I finally found this:

http://notalwaysright.com/he-has-bee...e-part-2/33344

Comment

siskaren: I so could have written that, except I had an old lady who actually knew the price a cheeseburger was supposed to be, so I couldn't even punch it in as a hamburger and be done with her. Idiot tax, register 2!
                      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Working...
                      X