This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Math is hard

Tonight a customer ordered 30 hot wings. We sell them in orders of 10 or 20. When I put the order in, I heard this exchange in the kitchen:

Scatterbrained CW: 30 wings? We don't even sell 30 wings! All we do is 10 and 20.

Other CW: 20 plus 10 is 30.

SCW: Ohhh. I didn't know we could do that.

SCW is a natural blonde, if that counts for anything.

In her defense, I think most places would send it to the kitchen as two items on the order, no?

Comment

Or rung up that way.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

3 orders of 10 is also an option here.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Not to mention 30 orders of 1.

Comment

Quoth Gibbo View Post
            Not to mention 30 orders of 1.
            Nope. As OP said, they're only offered as orders of 10 or 20.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Sometimes those types of people can be exasperating to deal with! However, this reminds me of a mistake I made recently, haha. I was making a purchase at the store where I work, so I guess I was the SC.

I was owed $70 in change. My coworker who rung me up gave me three $20 bills and a $10 bill. I counted like 3 times and kept thinking, "Why did she give me only $50?" and finally said, "I think you owe me $20 more." I realized my mistake as soon as I opened my mouth. OOPS! She probably (understandably) thinks I'm an idiot now.

Comment

Quoth rudeawakening View Post
                ... kept thinking, "Why did she give me only $50?"...
                Like I used to share stuff with my little bothers and sheepsters (4 of each):
                "One for me and one for you and one for me. Next!" I got 16, they each got 1.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

From the warped minds of the Merry Melodies/Silly Symphonies teams:

"One for you, and one for me. Two for you, and one, two for me...."
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                  X