This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercising

I've posted her sporadically in the past, but I wanted to share that I am currently a 328 lb man who has recently gotten a membership at the Y and today I walked a mile around the track (18 laps) and swam three and a half laps (one side and back seven times). Just posting because I am proud of myself.

That's awesome! Keep it up! You will find great joy in your successes.

Comment

Good for you! My office recently opened a fitness club in the building (yay!) and I have joined. I haven't used it yet, because my doctor wants me to have a stress test first. Prudent, considering my size...

Start small, and work up. You can do it!
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Excellent.

Crossbow: even if your doctor recommends that you start with nothing more than a few stretches, do that. As your muscles build fibres, and the tendons connecting them to the bones strengthen, you'll become capable of doing more without risk of damage.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

That's brilliant! Keep it up - and you should be darn proud of yourself too!
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Yay! We will be looking for the two mile announcement.

I started at 330lbs. Down to 275. As my knees would not stand the walking, I started on an exercise bike. Speaking of which, I need to go get on it.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Pulled muscle today, I shifted wrong in bed last night and pulled a muscle. It doesn't hurt today, but I am going to give it a day or two before I go back.

Comment

Walked another mile today and did 60 reps with a five pound weight. I have been swimming five to six laps consistently four times a week as well. With the exception of this week, due to the 4th of July.

Comment

As another hefty guy, I recommend you walk places other than around a track; it gets boring. Go walk into town, or down the road. Remember, the burn is good, when you feel tired, try to push it a little. Map it in your head to improvement, that'll tend to make it a pleasant feeling.

Comment

Did 21 laps today and did 240 reps. I hurt, but feel good otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                    X