This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Virus Struggle

Ok, I KNOW it is not a big deal.. but I just got to post this. A couple of friends of mine work in IT. They are good at what they do.. better then I will ever be. However, they had a problem on a computer they just could not fix short of resetting to factory condition. Something the user was adamantly against. So as a last resort, before they did so.. they called me. Now, don't get me wrong.. ever since my memory and concentration issues arose.. I am dumb as a rock about computers *sighs*. At one time, I could do everything but make them get up and dance (I was working on it though ). Anyhow, one thing I have that they don't though.. is a stubborn streak. They KNEW I would not give up until either the virus broke.. or I did.

FOUR HOURS me and the virus danced. Every time I got rid of it.. it would come back. It was GOOD at hiding from anti-viruses. We wrestled back and forth, me slaying the foul beast.. it coming back to life for more. The sounds of our arena battle could be heard in the heavens.. ok so I am embellishing a little bit.. let me revel in my victory.. even if it is a very SMALL victory. Finally though, the beast stayed down. Where two people who work in IT failed.. I had succeeded. They couldn't believe their eyes. So.. they restarted the computer (the beast would come back everytime the computer was restarted).... and .. the beast was nowhere to be seen. They did all their tricks, but it was gone..as in COMPLETELY gone.

So I slayed a beast.. makes me proud to over come my concentration and memory problems. To, at least for a moment, return to my glory days.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Way to go!!!!!

Comment

Hurrah! You of course will always rock, but good going!

Comment

Working...
      X