Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hotel of Doom! (With musical accompaniment)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hotel of Doom! (With musical accompaniment)

Listen to this. This is the music that comes to mind when hotel guests think of hotels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eHjgg4cnjo

Note the pleasant undertones, the bouncy themes, the all-around aura of fun and enjoyment.

Now listen to this. This is the music that comes to mind when hotel workers think of hotels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M5pm8PK7qI

Note the menacing church bells, as though God Herself is displeased and will soon pour out Her wrath. Note how the music swells to epic crescendos, as though the torturous fight builds, collapses on itself, builds again as though it will never truly end.

Note how this song, which -- again -- describes how hotel workers view hotels, is cut and looped for almost half an hour, as though to emphasize the unceasing apocalyptic battle that is catering to every lunatic whim of a building full of self-entitled tourists.

I will be working in a hotel soon, after applying at -- no lie -- thirteen of the damn things. One hired me for four nights a week doing the night audit, but I keep having flashbacks to my years in the trenches at Motel Hell.

I keep telling myself that it's only temporary... It's only temporary. It's only temporary until the internships start. I keep having to remind myself to breathe. I keep trying to tamp the panic attacks down to an acceptable level.

Then I hear those damn church bells again in my mind...
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Your thread title made me think of this place

Hope it's not the same place!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

LOL. Good luck! And if you need a shoulder to cry on, there's plenty of us hotel workers here for you!
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

This place is where you are working now-get used to it
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          This place is where you are working now-get used to it
          You can clock out, but you can never leave? That seems about right.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
          X