This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog ate my Kindle...

Well, no, not quite. Mum's pup decided to chew the bejeezus out of my kindle cable while it was charging. It's a wonder the little mutt didn't get electrocuted.

Anyway, the kindle shorted somehow, and I followed all the on-line trouble shooting with no luck, and decided to take a stab at the Amazon chat support.

Now, bear in mind this was 4th July USA date/time. I got onto a support officer in no time flat, he worked with me, we got the kindle working again. Legendary! He also made jokes and was kind and understanding about the kindle-killing dogs* we have here in Australia...

*(my previous kindle died when one of my dogs used the screen as a hard surface to chew a lovely pointy bone. The screen didn't like it much and it now has pretty lines all over it. )

Now, firstly I was very surprised by the prompt response considering the date. Secondly I was incredibly amazed and grateful that the device started working again. I had really resigned myself to buying another kindle.

Bravo, Amazon! Double Bravo, Clement!!

Australia does not have a monopoly on Kindle Killing dogs. My son's Kindle died when my mastiff stepped on it. At the time, the dog was in desperate need of a nail trim.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      Australia does not have a monopoly on Kindle Killing dogs.
      We couldn't keep them all to ourselves, sharing is caring after all

Comment

Working...
      X