Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should an F rating from the BBB stop you from applying for work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got an email from AT&T telling me I'd be a good fit for their door-to-door sales. Funny how that one went to directly to my spam folder. It's hard to believe that's still a thing.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Cox Communications has some people out here that do door-to-door sales. I get the feeling that they're paid strictly on commission, because some of them are rather pushy.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

If you still have a soul, I wouldn't bother with the position. Of course, depending on how long you've worked in customer service, you may have had it sucked right out of you already. In which case, have at it.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

My guess is that this is a shady company whose best paid staff are the legal team who hunt for loopholes and law-skirting opportunities
          Actually, this isn't necessarily so. It certainly COULD be, but around here the franchises of one of the biggest vacuum cleaner sales companies in the country advertises all the time without explicitly saying that the jobs is selling vacs door-to-door. Because if they say "vacuum cleaner sales" in the ad, they get no calls.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Woah woah woah woah Vacuum sales? RUUUUUUN!!!

Hubs got caught in that. Twice. First time, it was the initial door-to-door sales. It was commission only, like 12 hour days, and I don't know if he ever made any money on it. If he did, it wasn't enough to be worth it (think along lines of maybe $20 for a 12 hour shift)

Second time they were like "No, you're going to do demos and be paid per demo with bonus commission, not straight commission." He got his kit, did his training, went out in the field...and his field supervisor put him on door-to-door. He tolerated this for a bit before mentioning that he was told he was going to do demos, and his supervisor was all, "You do what I say you're going to do", and Hubs said he didn't sign up for door-to-door and didn't want to do that and so his supervisor kicked him out.

They were about an hour and a half drive away. I had to drive two counties away to pick up my husband who was waiting in a city park because his field supervisor just dumped him there, kicked him out of the van with no way to get home.

His manager was shocked and begged him to come back and said he'd talk to the supervisor but Hubs told him to take the job and shove it (though in more polite terms).

Never went back. Hubs was never paid for the training like he was supposed to, either.

Don't walk away. RUN! I know this company. They suck 'cause they get you all excited about getting a job. They prey on people desperate for work, but you need to run like the wind away from this one, trust me!
            Last edited by bhskittykatt; 07-15-2014, 01:12 PM.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
            X