This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Deserted View Post
    sue them anyway. Really grind into that waste of space's brain that they made a baaaaaaaaad decision.
    Deserted is right. Small claims is a cheap option. If you can get on small-claims show, even better, as your judgement will be deducted from the 's honorarium. Also there is the entertainment value in watching that fool try to explain those actions under oath.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Better yet, get on Judge Judy.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
        Better yet, get on Judge Judy.
        Her's especially, I would be great to see her tear into the scammer.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          Can you put personal outbound in with the outbound mail where you work? A lot of workplaces are OK with that, and it might well be safer than what you're doing now.
          Just make sure to tell your workplace you will affix your own proper postage yourself. Then they shouldn't have a problem with it.

Quoth Akasa View Post
          I went into the local police station.
          They wrote up a report, and told me the case would be going downtown. Once the detectives that deal with fraud get their hands on it a case # will be generated. I was given the number of the division that deals with this stuff, and told to call tomorrow.

Meanwhile I had to explain to Titan that pressing charges is not going to cost us money. If I were to find out who did it and sue them THAT would cost us money.
          It would be a small claims case. Court fees would be minimal and you wouldn't need to pay for a lawyer. You can only sue for any fees or penalties you are out. You might be able to sue for punitive damages; check the laws in your state.

There will be a statute of limitations to file the case. It might be worth your while to wait for the criminal case to be disposed of; if convicted, the perp will have no defense.

Please note: I am not a lawyer. Look it up for yourself and see what your local laws are.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            There will be a statute of limitations to file the case. It might be worth your while to wait for the criminal case to be disposed of; if convicted, the perp will have no defense.
            The statue of limitations is two years in most states. Also the standard for civil cases is looser than criminal. Sapphire is right about no defense if there is a criminal conviction.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

The problem with small claims is she isn't out anything. The point of suing is if there was some damage incurred and to be made whole. If the bank hadn't returned the money, the nsf fees and the dental insurance had an issue those would be things you could sue for.

Any costs that you have not been reimbursed to you, you can sue for. This isn't a case for pain and suffering or even punitive damages.

The best you can do is stay on top of the prosecutor and make sure that whoever is responsible ends up with at the very least a felony on his or her record and or jailtime.

Comment

Working...
              X