This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Many WTFs

I dunno what was up with people today, but so many little WTF moments had my head spinning!

Random Guy: "New haircut?"
    Me: "uh..? no...?"
    RG: "Oh." *stares at me* "Did you work yesterday?"
    Me: "Yes..."
    RG: "Ok" *continues staring...*
    WTF?

Lady wearing a bajillion fancy silver bangly bracelets comes to my register.

Bracelet Lady, jingling her wrist: "I just went to <some store> and got a bunch of these <brand name> bracelets! They're having a great sale!"
    Me: "Oh, that's nice "
    BL: "Well, I figured I'd tell you, since I can tell you love jewlery!" *motions to my wrist*
    Around my wrist, I have 2 hair-ties and a purple rubber Alzheimer's awareness band. No rings, no earrings, just a plain hemp necklace and a nose-ring.
    WTF?

Still mentally shaking my head about Bracelet Lady, another lady comes to my register, all is normal until she swipes her debit card.
    Lady: "I cant read what this says! What does this say??"
    Me: "Hold on, I can't see it from my side." *goes to other side, helps her choose her cash-back amount, return to my side and hand her the receipt.*
    Lady *lowers her glasses on her nose and looks at me over them* and ominously says: "Your day is coming, you know..." and walks off.
    WTF??

Immediately after the above "WTF?", I see an older gentleman peering down my aisle. I smile and say "Are you all set to check out, sir?" and I flipped on the conveyor belt.
    Guy barks :"What, are you on BREAK or something?!?" and stomps off. Seriously. WTF?? All my CWs and other customers turned around with similar WTF expressions....

Our electronic-check system requires customers to sign on the screen once the check has been electronically approved. I had a lady hand me her check, and as I ran it through, I said, like I always do "Our system will have you sign on the screen in a second.." She ignored me, started loading up her bags, zipping up her purse, etc. The signature line popped up and I said "There it is, it just needs your signature." She ignored me, put her sunglasses on, purse over the shoulder, keys in hand. "Maam, I'm just gonna need you to sign.." and she loses it "Yeah Yeah Yeah!! I heard you the first time!!" Shoots me the dirtiest look, signs and SLAMS the stylus into the "clear" button...which of courser, CLEARS the signature, requiring her to sign it again, (and hit "enter") with a huge sigh and dramatic groan. Gives me the cat-butt face, tosses her hair, and stomps off. WTF?

A side-note WTF in regards to the last one...whenever an electronic signature is required, you have the option to "ENTER" or "CLEAR" and I cannot understand the number of people who get all confuzzled over this, daily. "Do I hit "Enter" or "Clear"?? I always answer "Well, if you want to Enter your signature, hit Enter...if you'd like to Clear it and sign again, hit Clear..."
    Along the same lines is the EBT options... "Purchase" or "Balance"...Throws people off completely! "OMG, which one do I press??", to which I always answer "Well, if you want to Purchase your groceries, press "Purchase"...if you want to check your Balance, you'd hit "Balance"

IDK, but both of the above seem pretty self-explanatory...

If only we could clonk people with the "Shoulda had a V8" move, I'd be a much happier cashier....

Quoth TattooedMommie View Post
    "Your day is coming, you know..." and walks off.
    The day you also cannot see things?

Quoth TattooedMommie View Post
    "ENTER" or "CLEAR"... I cannot understand the number of people who get all confuzzled over this, daily.
    Ha! I was truly grateful when my company removed the "CLEAR" option from our Signiture Capture device. Now you get only one chance to sign and "ENTER".

What an eventful 9 or so minutes you had there with rapid fire WTF assault!
    Last edited by Firecrackers Not Included; 07-27-2014, 11:50 PM.

Comment

People. for some reason, never seem to be able to figure out the card reader/signature pad. Seriously, folks, have you ever shopped in a store before? Our machines decided to stop taking debit for a couple of hours today, and I have to explain to almost every customer how to run their debit cards as credit and that the money still comes out of their checking account and it's not using their credit card.

When debit cards first came out, they started saying that we can run them as credit if they have a Visa/MC logo because it was safer at the time. Sooo....the procedure has been around for a while. And now they want to start using more chip cards? We just recently activated the chip readers and I have to explain that one to most people also.
      Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

I think your sig is right, Melinda.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

If you look younger than 40 or so, 'your day is coming' lady was probably talking about aging vision.

With my good eye, I used to be able to make a good guess as to the bottom line of an eye chart. Now my best is the third from the bottom.

I used to do delicate needlework. It's frustrating not to be able to do that so easily. Or read the microprinting on Australian currency, as a party trick. And when I have to actually bring an ingredient list into the light to read what it says, I'm reminded that I'm aging, dammit.

While nice people (like I try to be) don't take out the frustration of aging on other people; I guess 'your day is coming' lady isn't nice.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
          X