Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate brain fart royally pisses off a customer but gives us a hearty laugh

OK, so my district manager tells me this story the other day. He comes back from vacation and has an email from corporate with a customer complaint against my store. So policy is that the DM has to call the customer and try and smooth things over.

So my DM calls the guy. Guy starts screaming at my DM about trying to buy beer and getting harassed and he wasn't allowed to buy it and he's MAD! Uhhhh, hold the phone! My store doesn't sell alcohol! DM tries to politely ask the customer if he's sure about that because my store doesn't sell alcohol. Guy starts in again screaming that he's bought beer there HUNDREDS of times and NEVER had a problem.

(Small side note : A lot of Dollar Admirals DO sell alcohol but our store doesn't)

DM again asks the guy if he's sure. Guy starts screaming again that YES, he buys beer at my store ALL THE TIME!! So DM decides to ask him the town where the Dollar Admiral is located. Guy replies (my town). OK, next DM asks him what state? Guy replies, IOWA!

DM then just loses it and busts out laughing. Now the guy gets more pissed screaming at DM for laughing at him and that's disrespectful. DM then apologizes to the guy saying 'Sir, I apologize but corporate seems to have made a mistake in sending the complaint off. I'm the DM for the store in (my town), OHIO. But I will make sure the DM in that district receives this complaint and handles it appropriately'

Guy keeps ranting and raving about how much this is a waste of time and yadda yadda yadda. DM just goes, 'Sorry you feel that way have a good day!' *click*

Gotta love corporate brain farts like that.

And this brings up the question, why wasn't he allowed to buy it? Was it because he didn't have (or didn't want to show) his ID?

Between corporate and customers, there aren't a lot of brain cells out there.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      And this brings up the question, why wasn't he allowed to buy it? Was it because he didn't have (or didn't want to show) his ID?
      Or blue laws kicked in, or he had his kid with him, or who knows what else.

Comment

Working...
      X