This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-worker dealt with impatient pissy customers

This particular incident happened earlier this week.

My co-worker, a porter, has to clean 2 parking garages. There are pay machines at the exit gate at each garage. If there are problems with the pay machine or if the customer does not have the money to pay for the parking, she has to help the customer. We are assigned cell phones which we have to carry with us at all times.

She gets a call from the main office regarding a customer, at one of the garages she has to clean, who needs to fill out an IOU since they do not have the money to pay for their parking. So she goes over to that garage. There are other customers behind this customer who are waiting to exit. Of course these customers are impatient because some of them kept on honking their horns to get the customer to hurry up. My co-worker does not like to deal with impatient customers.

Then she gets a call from the main office to go over to the other parking garage because the customer at that exit gate is having problems with paying at the pay machine. When she gets there, the customer immediately said "it took you too long to get over here. I have been waiting here for a long time." So my co-workers tells her that she has to clean 2 parking garages as well as help other customers at the pay machines. The customer is still not happy, and she starts cursing at her. The security guard overheard the customer cursing at my co-workers and looks at her like she is nuts. Before this happened, my co-worker pressed the call button on the pay machine so the person at the main office could hear everything. So, yeah, the person at the main office heard the customer curse at my co-worker.

The following morning my co-worker said "I do not care how the customers feel. If they curse at me, I will curse back. I am tired of dealing with this."

When it gets to that level, I'd just walk off.
    Put my earplugs in if I had them with me for extra benefit

Comment

I'm lucky. If my passengers start swearing at me, I have the option of kicking them out. (Hasn't happened like that yet, but I can.)
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
        I'm lucky. If my passengers start swearing at me, I have the option of kicking them out. (Hasn't happened like that yet, but I can.)
        I'm now imagining your cab loaded with an ejector seat...

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
          Move over James Bond . . .

Just be careful you don't turn the driver's seat into an ejector and throw yourself out by mistake.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

Just be careful you don't turn the driver's seat into an ejector and throw yourself out by mistake.
            Unless you have one of those "that's it, I'm out!" moments and bail.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
              Hmm, close... My van has automatic sliding doors. Five different ways to open them. But they only work when the cab is in park.
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

"Ejector seat, you're joking!"

"I never joke about my work, 007."

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                  "Ejector seat, you're joking!"

"I never joke about my work, 007."
                  Goldfinger, right?
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    Goldfinger, right?
                    Yep. There's a great callback to that scene in Skyfall.

Comment

I am reminded of this scene.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

ok the ending of that movie always bugs me, (offtopic spoilers) so the two women actually left before burt reynolds by a few minutes so if burt had punched his card right after he actually still technically have been the winner, but they assume that just because they punched first the women win.
                        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          I am reminded of this scene.

Love that movie!!!

Imagine an ejector seat in a Lamborghini Countach. Door flips up, get thrown out sideways.

And yes, there is a story that was written about something of that nature. . .
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X