X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not my fault!

Go Beep Yourself

Driving up the main drag in town, stopped at a red light. I was behind a van.

To my right is a an alley - it leads a couple hundred feet back to a store that sells vintage furniture and such. Most people don't use the alley to get back there but sometimes people do. There was a person sitting there, slowly easing up to the sidewalk because you have a hell of a blind spot until you're actually on the sidewalk. The alley is only about 7 feet wide.

So the person beeps a couple of times - letting pedestrians know they're easing out. Responsible thing to do rather than just rolling out. No problem there.

I happen to look up at the old woman driving the van in front of my and she seems to be giving me the evil eye and talking loudly towards her rearview mirror and leaning her head out the window. I suddenly realize - she thinks I'M the one beeping at her and she's giving me a mouthful of guff. She's so busy glaring at me she never notices the car in the alley that is ACTUALLY beeping to let people know they're easing out into the road.

As the light changes and we proceed up the street, she's still leaning her head out the window yelling god-knows-what (my music was turned up loud enough to drown her out, mostly) still complaining about my supposed rudeness in beeping at her for no reason.

Now I'm leaning out the window yelling "I wasn't the one honking at you!" - not that she either heard it or cared. Finally pulled over to stop by my business to pick something up. I was hoping she would actually pull over as well and get out to give me a mouthful so I could point out her misplaced rage, but no such luck - she kept going the same direction... and I'm sure when she gets home she'll tell her other old biddy friends about the rude man who was honking at her for no reason.

Go on. Hit me.

Went around the corner after picking up what I needed. Hanged a left at the light to go the other way up the main drag. Guy in a jeep damn near pulls right out in front of me - surprised me so much I didn't even have time to react and honk at him.

I can't say I'm surprised - I see this happen ALL THE TIME in front of the store. People in parking spaces who blindly pull out into traffic without looking behind them first.

Go ahead and plow into me. I can use the the insurance money, dickface. My car's needed replacing for years.

Why did I read the thread title in Han Solo's voice...?

Comment

You too?!
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        Why did I read the thread title in Han Solo's voice...?

Never tell me the odds!

Comment

CHEWIE: RRAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
            Go ahead and plow into me. I can use the the insurance money, dickface. My car's needed replacing for years.
            Yeah, but then you've still been in a wreck...
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
              Yeah, but then you've still been in a wreck...

I am a wreck.

Comment

I was actually reminded of pedestrians who say similar things. They're in a crosswalk and a car comes close to hitting them, they say what you said... my response is what I posted: Sure, you'll get insurance money, but you've still be hit by a car.
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Having BEEN hit by a car as a pedestrian, I really don't think the money would be worth it unless my circumstances were a LOT more desperate than they've been for a long time. (Minor event, really, since the car was doing maybe 5mph at the time.)
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                  X