This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's at the hospital

She was going to go to the bank to get some money for me, had chest pain, and texted to ask if it was ok not to go to the bank 'cause she was on the way to the hospital. Um, just go to the hospital? It would be funny if I weren't on the edge of my seat. I can't go see her; she's in CA and I'm in WI. I have the number to the hospital and no info at the moment. She's diabetic and has had a small heart attack before, that she was unaware of but showed up on some kind of test. If you pray, please do. I'm trying to stay calm and distract myself.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Oww, you've had some horrible luck lately.

Your mom is in my thoughts.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yeah, my bro lost his job today. She texted me back. I couldn't locate her because I thought she'd go to the ER and she didn't. Anyway, she had an EKG and is currently awaiting results. She said she'd never seen her senior (who was old when she married him) hubs, who moves slowly, drive so fast. The one funny thing in the situation. Usually she drives.

Comment

Hey, at least she had the brains to go to the hospital. So many women die because we are of the habit of ignoring pain - not to mention any women do not present with the 'right' pains to be recognized as a heart attack. [Or do the it is just indigestion thing.]
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

Comment

Thanks, y'all. She's home. EKG is normal; enzyme test is normal. Now she has to do a stress test next week. She's not allowed to do anything stressful, not even walk uphill. I've had these symptoms and had the tests, and it turned out my scoliosis was the cause. I know she has a bad back, but I don't know if it's the same issue I have. I keep thinking they should x-ray her. Maybe I should tell her to push for that.

Comment

Hope they figure it out soon! Thinking of you all.
              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

She's ok for now; she went to the bank today. LOL, she's just stubborn.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  Thanks, y'all. She's home. EKG is normal; enzyme test is normal. Now she has to do a stress test next week. She's not allowed to do anything stressful, not even walk uphill. I've had these symptoms and had the tests, and it turned out my scoliosis was the cause. I know she has a bad back, but I don't know if it's the same issue I have. I keep thinking they should x-ray her. Maybe I should tell her to push for that.
                  Where was her pain? If it wasn't in the back, it's probably something else. That's the problem with chest pain: it could be cardiac, respiratory, GI, or musculoskeletal.

The stress test is the important bit right now; make sure she doesn't have EKG changes when active. If that test is normal, and she has no further pain, I'm not sure further diagnostic workup is necessary. It would definitely be expensive, and I'm not a fan of exposing someone to radiation if it isn't really necessary. If she's got an old xray of her back, that would show if she has scoliosis or not without needing a new xray.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                  X